Question about diagnostics (realtime) screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what info exactly are you trying to view?

basis obd2 info, a 20$ Bluetooth dongle and some phone apps will do it.

if you want to deeper dive into other modules it's a little more expensive.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^ It would be more helpful to know what type of real-time data you are thinking about monitoring.

OP
OP
T

Tah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what info exactly are you trying to view?

basis obd2 info, a 20$ Bluetooth dongle and some phone apps will do it.

if you want to deeper dive into other modules it's a little more expensive.

OP
OP
T

Tah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right. I do understand but it’s one of those I don’t know what I don’t know things. I’m not sure what information is available for me to monitor outside of what I can see on my display information scroll thru lcd screen. Mpg. Engine hours. Miles to go. Tire pressure. Etc. beyond that I’d like to see anything that’s available to see. I’m just not sure what my truck will show me.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well for example my truck has almost 30 different modules on the can bus network all talking to each other and all have live data that can be viewed by different scanners. you just can physically display all the live data just for the heck of it.

you're basically going to need to research what data will help you with whatever driving you're doing and go from there. what you need to access that data and if that scanner can be used to output to your preferred viewing device will decide what answers you get. Just one really won't cover everything.

for an example, I have a hybrid yukon.. and I like to see what the hybrid pack is doing from time to time while driving, so I have a found a bunch of pids to put into torque app on my phone to view it.

Screenshot_20240113-183754.png

now while I'm loading the trailer, I like to view the psi in the rear shocks, i have the auto level option. so I don't get to much tongue weight on it and go over the rated max, but torque app I can't find the pids to add that display, so I have a different dongle and phone app to display that data quickly.

so the answer is, it all depends.

Reactions: Tah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz