Question about diagnostics (realtime) screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4wd 5.3.

Is there a diagnostic tool that I can tell what my car (engine, drivetrain anything) is doing in realtime as it’s running? Can I plug a screen into something (OBD port) and send that information to a screen (iPhone, IPad, TV, anything) to see realtime things happening?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tech 2 bi-directional scanner will perform that function. You can view these items in real time while you are driving by simply watching the Tech 2's screen. If you want to do time-based analysis, you can hook up the Tech 2 to a PC and download the data and view on the PC.

OP
OP
T

Tah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tech 2 bi-directional scanner will perform that function. You can view these items in real time while you are driving by simply watching the Tech 2's screen. If you want to do time-based analysis, you can hook up the Tech 2 to a PC and download the data and view on the PC.
Can I mount a small screen? I guess think android tablet to monitor diagnostics while driving. I know I said tv but that or a laptop might be a bit cumbersome.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDATALINK MAESTRO RR & compatible headunit radio will give you real time data on the radio screen

OP
OP
T

Tah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IDATALINK MAESTRO RR & compatible headunit radio will give you real time data on the radio screen
If my head unit which I spent a decent amount of money on isn’t compatible I’m not going to buy a new one but thanks for the idea. I’ll look up and see if what I have is compatible with IDATALINK MAESTRO RR.

OP
OP
T

Tah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
or download EFI live and connect a obd tool and a laptop, tablet etc.
Do you know what tablet might be compatible? A lot of those are PC based only and that might get a bit cumbersome driving.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know what apps I might be able to use on my iPhone?
efi live is windows compatible, so any windows tablet or laptop
as for android app's torque or torque pro is one, just buy a bt obd adapter those can be had for as little as $20-30 online like a ELM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10