Project Z06 Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GalaxyBlackEsky

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I don't have the link off hand. But if you have the 15" Baer rotors you are good

denali01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sold already? Wow ive missed some posts. Would have liked to see this finished. From what ive read this should fit w/o isue on my 01 Denali as these brackets were made for that model truck?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold already? Wow ive missed some posts. Would have liked to see this finished. From what ive read this should fit w/o isue on my 01 Denali as these brackets were made for that model truck?

The brackets were made for the 03-07 classic 1500 vehicles. As long as your spindle is the same you should be fine.

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... Are you at all concerned how this changes the brake bias? Bigger doesn't always mean better. What size are the pistons?

From what I've read on the corvette forums, the zo6 brakes are not thought highly of. In fact, many of the owners are switching to Brembos or stoptechs.

I eventually plan on trying something custom too... I'll share more once I've done the calcs.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shimmy, guys with Zs are running Brembo and stop tech for track cars, IIRC. Just driving the stock brakes are fine. If you plan on tracking the car, upgrades are always a plus.

;)

ShortySStahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Brent, just wondering if you have Rudy's contact info from Performance trucks. net. I am looking to do the same conversion you have done but I have a 99 obs tahoe and I wanted to see if he fabs up brackets for me. Have you put the the 6 pistons on yet?

OP
OP
GalaxyBlackEsky

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I don't have it off hand as I was just PMing him on Performance forum. But I sold the kit as it didn't fit my rims and went with Wilwoods but ended up getting new rims anyway since had issues with both sets of rotor clearance.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had them on my NBS. Nice project that you can piece together little by little to get a pretty cool end result, something very unique. Sad that Rudy won't be making these brackets anymore. Were you able to score the rear ones too? Snag em while you can!!

Nice choice on the yellow calipers. That oughta look pretty nifty on that Esky!

View attachment 151859

View attachment 151860

View attachment 151861
Did this in all honesty make a great bit of difference? Would you say the difference justifies the price? I am trying to put together this kit now. I have the eradispeed 2piece 14inch rotors and just ordered the brackets so I need to find the rear rotors and all 4 calipers. The calipers are expensive though. The Baer rotor kit #2301028 is close to 900. I am pretty sure I can get a different complete set for less once all is said and done .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700