Programming TPMS System 2022 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed winter tires on same aftermarket rims with sensors that were used on my 2015 Tahoe. Have GM matching tool and was always able to program them on 2015 by using program in the DIC. New digital dash shows message " service tire monitor system" with only option being to " dismiss", has anyone been able to access Relearn program in DIC?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from what I understand they changed something and you may need the new compatible sensors, and/or you also need to verify the frequency from the 2015 vs the 2022, they could be 315mhz or 433mhz the sensors have to match the vehicle rpo code, you can get that by scanning the qr code in the drivers door jam

OP
OP
M

MyChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Scanned the QR Code and all I got was the VIN, no data.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 but I had the exact same issue. When I got the gloss black OEM rims for my Premierzzzz(same pattern as the OEM polished aluminum but gloss black powder coat). I transferred the OEM sensors to the black rims. Fast forward about two-three weeks later went to reinstall the OEM rims for possible trade. Discount tire installed new sensors last week. Went to reflash the monitor and the OEM monitor would not recognize new sensors. One ten minute trip back home to load the black rims onboard and back to DT. They swapped OEM sensors to OEM wheels and made me whole by refunding the $260. Will find OEM sensors for the black but no immediate rush. Quick check on eBay was showing OEM sensors ranging fro about $50 to $1800…..yes $1800….sensors only!

Only thing more wrong than charging that much is paying that much!

OP
OP
M

MyChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update. Purchased 4 AC Delco Part # 13542523 Sensors. Dealer Activated Relearn in DIC by pushing set button on the steering wheel while DIC was in Tire Pressure Mode. Then used scan tool to program the individual sensors. Vehicle had to be shut off for a period of time (manual says 20 Mins) and then vehicle restarted and run for 10 minutes before the tire pressures appeared on the screen.

PsyZek

Reaction score
If you build a wheel/tire package on Tire Rack and pay the premium to install these TPMS sensors, I assume you still have to take them to the dealer? Do you know what the dealer charges to program them? A full hour? I'll call Monday, just curious about other experiences. I don't know if $30 per wheel to have Tire Rack install them and have them included in the balancing is worth it esp if I still have to go pay the dealership to program. Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 8.29.38 AM.png

OP
OP
M

MyChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes you do have to program the new sensors. The key items are to have the correct sensors and to have the programming tool. I have the tool which I had purchased for my previous 2015 Tahoe but had to learn from the dealer how to put the TPMS system in the new one into programming mode which is to push the set button for 2 seconds when the TPMS screen is up and the use the tool to program the sensors, I can now do the resets on my own going forward,

PsyZek

Reaction score
I called my dealer, they said if they can attach the programmer to the wheel easily in the lane they'd do it for free. If the vehicle has to go back into the shop it's $135. If they install the sensors it's $25 each. I haven't called Tire Rack to verify the sensors they install are AC Delco or what. I might have to buy the parts separately and DIY, then bring it to the dealer for an install. I'd hate to spend $200 with Tire Rack only to find they can't be programmed because they arent the Delco units.

OP
OP
M

MyChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The AC Delco Part # is 13542523 and I paid $47.00 each at a GM Dealer. It cost me $130.00 to have them installed at a tire shop. They had to remove the old ones and rebalance the tires. They were unable to program so I went to the dealer and they programmed them in their service lane with their programmer. I was there when they did it so I saw how to set the DIC and they used the same programmer as I purchased from Amazon a year ago for $20.00 hence I will be able to do them myself from now on with both sets of wheels & tires. The Programmer is an EL-0448 OEC - T-5 and the process is simple to do. The dealer did not charge me. It took 20 mins for the system to reset after the programming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu