Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Usdmskyline20

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m looking at trading my 17’ Tahoe for either a Suburban or Yukon XL. For those of you who have purchased either one is there any more wiggle room on the “already discounted” price. I’m upside down roughly 6k. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m looking at trading my 17’ Tahoe for either a Suburban or Yukon XL. For those of you who have purchased either one is there any more wiggle room on the “already discounted” price. I’m upside down roughly 6k. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well, the first question I have is why are you wanting to trade? What year are you wanting to move into? Are you looking to go newer or older? Being upside down to the tune of $6K puts you in a tough spot.

OP
OP
Usdmskyline20

Usdmskyline20

Reaction score
Well, the first question I have is why are you wanting to trade? What year are you wanting to move into? Are you looking to go newer or older? Being upside down to the tune of $6K puts you in a tough spot.

I could use more space. We take a lot of road trips and use a hitch mount luggage rack. Even with hard shell suit cases our clothes still get soaked from rain.

Last month I saw there were a lot of rebates and incentives to buy but don’t see the same this month.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could use more space. We take a lot of road trips and use a hitch mount luggage rack. Even with hard shell suit cases our clothes still get soaked from rain.

Last month I saw there were a lot of rebates and incentives to buy but don’t see the same this month.

Oh, I see. I didn't pick up on the fact that you currently have a Tahoe and said you were looking at Suburbans or XL's. With 4 kids of my own, I understand the need for more space. I have had good luck with our roof top luggage carrier and when we have used hitch mounted platforms, we have large sealed totes that we put stuff in to keep from getting wet.

I would start calling around and see what your options are.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a roof mounted cargo box to protect your luggage from rain?

(This is what I get for not reading the next post ..:)

I agree with Wade. Start calling around or look at cars.com for a dealer in your market with the lowest price. Based on history, there will be one or two months with really good incentives between now and Memorial Day (based upon when I bought my Suburbans), but you have to watch closely so that you don’t miss them. Another thing to realize is that incentives are driven by your home zip code and not the market that the dealer is in. Thus, if you go out of town, you may or may not be able to get the advertised price.

Not sure where you are located, but some deals are also strict with out of town purchasers. In this regard, the Bonmin Chevy dealers list their information on line concerning those types of sales. Interesting reading.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Usdmskyline20

Usdmskyline20

Reaction score
What about a roof mounted cargo box to protect your luggage from rain?

(This is what I get for not reading the next post ..:)

I agree with Wade. Start calling around or look at cars.com for a dealer in your market with the lowest price. Based on history, there will be one or two months with really good incentives between now and Memorial Day (based upon when I bought my Suburbans), but you have to watch closely so that you don’t miss them. Another thing to realize is that incentives are driven by your home zip code and not the market that the dealer is in. Thus, if you go out of town, you may or may not be able to get the advertised price.

Not sure where you are located, but some deals are also strict with out of town purchasers. In this regard, the Bonmin Chevy dealers list their information on line concerning those types of sales. Interesting reading.

I appreciate the information. I’m still looking and not in too much of a rush. I’m thinking as the 2021 hit there will be more incentive on the 2020s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne