Pressure wash carpet ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dojrs

Reaction score
Has anyone ever pulled the carpet from their interior and pressure washed it? I done mine about two weeks ago and it looks waaaay better than it did before. Sadly not as good as i would have hoped. Always hoping for that new car look but knowing it isn't always a reality. what types of degreasers or soaps did y'all use? I used purple stuff and some cheap stuff I got from the dollar store can't remember that name. but to go from badly stained to looking like maybe 85%-90% better is pretty good I think.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with this, nor do I have the ability to remove everything and pull the carpet. How much would replacement carpet cost? I would think if you have the skill and are going to the trouble of pulling the carpet, you might as well replace it (providing it's not a fortune to purchase).

Hopefully others will chime in that have replaced it themselves....because I am clearly no help here at all :D

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Is the carpet light or dark colored? If it’s really really dirty I’ve Had a lot of luck with spray nine from Home Depot and light carpets with HEAVY stains.

Its an all purpose type cleaner and can cause some fading if you don’t check for color fastness in the corners or something.

Did it in my brothers 03 burb with the light gray carpet and did wonders. Just gotta make sure you get it ALL OUT/ watch overspray or it can leave a whiteish residue that may or may not come off.

Also can help if you have a wet/dry vacuum. Spray the affected area scrub with brush and suck it out rather than pushing it into the carpet further.

I can’t stress enough spray nine is for heavy stain removal (disinfects also) and don’t wanna be bothered with your ruined carpets I will not be held liable if your not careful so please don’t just go ham on it. It’ll also do very harsh things to rubber, leather, and plastics if left to sit. You’ve been warned;).

Good luck hope she gets all purdy for ya.

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have pulled the carpet in other vehicles and used a standard home carpet cleaner on it with good results. Pulling the carpet is normally not that hard in most vehicles. Remove the seats, center console, and few trim pieces by the door and it normal comes right out.

OP
OP
D

dojrs

Reaction score
I have no experience with this, nor do I have the ability to remove everything and pull the carpet. How much would replacement carpet cost? I would think if you have the skill and are going to the trouble of pulling the carpet, you might as well replace it (providing it's not a fortune to purchase).

Hopefully others will chime in that have replaced it themselves....because I am clearly no help here at all :D

Cost is cheap maybe $5 in degreasers I purchased solely for this use and the pressure washer I bought a couple of years ago has since paid for itself from pressure washing houses in my spare time.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it to my last truck when I replaced the dash and a lot of other interior panels. Looked great afterwards. Didn't have a lot of stains, just a lot of dirt.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and it turned out nice. It was black carpet so I am not sure about stains.
15dc1071e0ed3d40b99947aeeb0c4dd9.jpg
31bc529bc543231417e59a3033fac3e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's gross. I'm betting you had at least one big bag of trash before you even took that picture.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
We do it in flood job cars, it typically comes out pretty nice. New carpet would run you about $500-$700

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's gross. I'm betting you had at least one big bag of trash before you even took that picture.
The whole car was nasty like that. I ended up replacing all the seat covers and having the entire car painted. Made a decent chunk of change when I sold it!
3d07b5556c095597351992f44e8bb6c2.jpg
0b1e21ac2474a6e2f394f6da60aa4c12.jpg
b384d4bee1841d18c417181c2d2efc10.jpg
fcd754dc68d1383c16728541cedc9f2e.jpg

Ugly little suv!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro