Potential abnormal oil pressure 2014 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Slug0150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just about crapped myself when I read "added a couple of quarts"
Holy **** ! How long are you going between changes, etc ???
Change the oil and filter more often...
You still have the dod lifters (even if electronically they don't turn on) and VVT
All that stuff is oil pressure/viscosity driven !!!
Guess I just don't understand why some people wait til there's a problem
to do CHEAP regular maintenance
Added that ammount to see if it was a viscocity breakdown. It is a little high however needed a couple to ensure that the new oil could change the viscosity enough that I could notice a change of pressure on the inaccurate dash guage. Yeah not one of those guys that runs high miles between changes. Usually 5k or so if I am doing any hauling is the most that I will run. Currently oil has only about 4k on it so it should have plenty of life left. Thinking brand I decided to try this time is not worth it. Changing it out this weeked.

OP
OP
S

Slug0150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just about crapped myself when I read "added a couple of quarts"
Holy **** ! How long are you going between changes, etc ???
Change the oil and filter more often...
You still have the dod lifters (even if electronically they don't turn on) and VVT
All that stuff is oil pressure/viscosity driven !!!
Guess I just don't understand why some people wait til there's a problem
to do CHEAP regular maintenance
Nah just added that ammount to change the viscocity of the oil to see if it was breakdown. Even though it is a bit high now I needed to add enough to see a difference on the crappy dash guage if the new oil did change the viscocity and raise the pressure, which it did slightly. Oil only has 4k on it so iif it was decent oil it shouldnt have deteriorated already. Not one of those guys that pushes maintinance to the extremes. typically proactivly change parts out well before failure is a posibility to avoid catastrophic failures.

OP
OP
S

Slug0150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Changed oil with name brand 10W-30 and some Lucas. Oil pressures returned to slightly above normal. Have driven it about 400 miles and pressures have not dropped. Just goes to show that amazon reviews of oil are shit. Obviously 10 of thousands of people do not have oil pressure gage.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Slug0150 What oil were you using originally? Generally oil is pretty much the same.

Oil filter will have more of affect on oil pressure than the brand of oil you use

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon is famous for selling counterfeit Chinesium everything. I would bet that there was fake oil and filters sold in there.

The seller only has to specify a single product SKU, and there could be twenty different items that they would ship to you.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? A hot summer with a lower grade oil might well be the problem you've seen. I don't like the oiling system in these motors now but I'm really keeping it super clean on our machine, fingers crossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan