Popo got me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:word: The most ridiculous ticket I've gotten was 7 over on Labor Day a few years back. I asked the cop if it had been a slow day that day or not cuz there were many more people passing by doing a lot more than 7 over. He was none too pleased with my questions :D

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got nabbed by a traffic camera in DC. I think it got me for 53 in in a 40. I did get some really nice pictures of my Porsche though!

Always look for a bright side!

OP
OP
My01yuk

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow...even 6 MPH over is stupid....

Are you saying getting a ticket for 6 over is stupid or my speedo being off over 6 MPH is stupid? I was actually going 11 miles over because i set my cruise 5 miles over the limit. I think I will just do the speed limit from now. Even after my tune next month:)

Also, my OP said I was doing 70 in a 65. I fixed that. I was doing 76 in a 65. So i think i see why you asked that question Blue....my bad.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm, and I got nabbed by the camera at the I95 interchange construction in Baltimore.

So we're even in each other's cities. :)

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmm, and I got nabbed by the camera at the I95 interchange construction in Baltimore.

So we're even in each other's cities. :)

You got hit by the little white Jeep Liberty? Thats what they use for camera vehicle. I live about 15 minutes from where that camera is. I warn everybody I know, do NOT speed in the construction zones. The speed cameras are mobile and unpredictable. At least its only a fine and no points.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I never knew they were in a car ... it's funny cause since that day a few months ago I've always been trying to spot where that camera was that got me and could never locate it ... now it makes sense.

Btw, heads up at the I95 construction just before the DC beltway, they got them there too.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate speed traps...
I got caught 2 years ago, I was doing 78 in a 65 down hill.
there were people passing me on the right of me so I didn't even think about my speed.

I just think the cop wanted to see my truck up close LOL!!!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate speed traps...
I got caught 2 years ago, I was doing 78 in a 65 down hill.
there were people passing me on the right of me so I didn't even think about my speed.

I just think the cop wanted to see my truck up close LOL!!!

Speed trap = when speed limit is, for example, 65, then drops to 50 and the cop sets up there.

Just running traffic enforcement is not a speed trap.

;)

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa ... my pedanticism radar just went through the roof! :)

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... my pedanticism radar...

:eek: There's more big words again. I had to look that one up. For anyone else who may not know. The definition is below:
1. the character or practices of a pedant, as excessive display of learning.
2. a slavish attention to rules, details, etc; pedantry.

:think:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfire