Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive
Good news, I was replacing my front passenger fog light pigtail and got lucky and found this ground wire that connects to it almost about to split in two. Im feeling very hopefull that could of been my problem the whole time sheesh....
The plastic protection case showed no signs of damaged but the ground fked. Wild. Will post update soon...... crossing my fingers
good catch

OP
OP
S

stretchit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nothing has fixed the issue yet. Going to wire my own, pedal sensor to TAC module, harness and see what that does.
Tested can bus and the radio had no voltage with makes sense cause no radio is installed.
The other test came up faulty was the ABS but maybe no voltage cause it's not on? Idk. Had to buy a new rebuilt one cause I broke the orginial trying to update it.....
Regardless the ABS is unplugged and I still have the same issue. No throttle response. Ohm all the wires, wires are fine. Getting close to calling it.
Will post another update if discoveries are made. Wish me luck!

OP
OP
S

stretchit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New pedal sensor to TAC module harness.... still throwing same codes with no throttle response. Going to check wires for the 9th time and I'm done trying.

Found out I'm missing a ambient temp sensor next to condenser so I'm buying another one. Traced one ground that led to two grounds that hook into ambient temp sensor amd the condenser. I borrowed the front ambient temp sensor and plugged it it. Still the same codes.
I will post update when Install the remaining temp sensor.

Anyone know somebody I can call to help me with this issue? Convinced I have the worst case REDUCED ENGINE POWER

Picture below is showing how extreme I'm going and have been going. Have to double check wires going into truck. Rain is killing me right now

Attachments

• 20240603_143222.jpg
    20240603_143222.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried backprobbing directly at the ECU and using new, temporary wires to the TAC and throttle body connectors? Inspect the ECU connectors as well, if you haven't already, maybe a pin or two got bent out of wack?

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread, so maybe you already did this...

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stretchit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@strutaeng Thanks for the reply. I traced every wire to the ending point, fuse box, Tac wire, and i only visually inspected the 4 wires going into the truck. Every wire has an electrical path. I realized my solder job was awful. I will post some updates after correcting.

I didnt check the two wires going to the PCM from the TAC wire, figured it was fine but will check too.

Last edited:

Eldiablo

Reaction score
on yours id get a stock throttle body, and really check the wires from the pedal to the throttle vss or whatever it is called and look hard at those connectors. take them apart and look real hard.

OP
OP
S

stretchit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well... all wires have been properly soldered. Grounds are absolutely perfect. Ohm the wires from the TAC module harness to PCM. Nothing is working per usual. Same codes pop up.

When checking the inside of the instrument fuse panel, I noticed the fuse pictured does not light up for me when the vehicle is in the on position. I don't know anyone who has this vehicle or I would test it to see if it lights up. Can anyone confirm that it's suppose to light up when in the on position. Light up like probe it.
*apparently when updating to LED its common for the Flasher relay to go bad. I am going to buy a LED flasher relay to replace the stock flasher. THIS IS HOPEFULLY MY PROBLEM

Forgot to test it when I ran the vehicle last cause it ran like dog shit and died.

Attachments

• 20240610_130420.jpg
    20240610_130420.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240609_172739.jpg
    20240609_172739.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240610-165732_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240610-165732_Chrome.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Forum statistics