*Pics* White Z71 (08) with leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@2010gmcyukon I was quoted $800 from Big-O tires and $1,200 from Lithia chevy to install new springs and shocks to give you an idea. I recommend doing it yourself it's very straight forward.
I don't mind doing things myself, but I did see some complaints about needing spring compressor, etc. Are there any special tools needed? I have a driveway and jack/jackstands.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind doing things myself, but I did see some complaints about needing spring compressor, etc. Are there any special tools needed? I have a driveway and jack/jackstands.
@2010gmcyukon I replaced my springs and shocks in the front and rear in my parents driveway last weekend and it was easy. I recommend the $30 2 piece spring compressor kit from harbor freight to make things easier. I recommend a floor jack to help you manipulate the rear end when you have everything disconnected, helps line up the rear shock holes. I bought a $80 corded impact driver from harbor freight to make the disassembly easier and I purchased a $100 icon torque wrench to make sure everything was to spec. Other than that you would just need wrenches and sockets which you probably have already. Since you are just installing spacers in the front and rear it should be much easier than what I had to do on mine, I had to take my front struts apart and all. Let me know if you have any questions.

Shumif1

Reaction score
Nice look , what size tires did you get and have any clearance issue when turning ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645