*Pics* White Z71 (08) with leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I love the new look. I'm not a huge fan of front tints though. I tinted the front of my wife's C350 and there's some distortion from the film that I notice when I'm driving.

If I could find a way to widen the stance about 1" on each side while keeping the stock wheels I would do it.

I have tint on all my vehicles and there is no distortion. A good quality tint should not change the outward view except for darkness of course.

As for changing the stance, look into Spyder Traxx spacers. I think that is how the company name is spelt..

OP
OP
C

chris_26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not of the bowties...but I will get some. I too popped the back off exposing the chrome, but ended up painting it black too. The front looks great in black, but I may end up changing both of them anyway.

Here is a partial shot of the front bowtie, during the 24 hrs that the CCM/Nittos were on. I just had 3 wheels replaced where the clear coat had peeled off. The fella leaning on my mirror helped me tremendously.
Looks great!

I have tint on all my vehicles and there is no distortion. A good quality tint should not change the outward view except for darkness of course.

As for changing the stance, look into Spyder Traxx spacers. I think that is how the company name is spelt..
I googled Spyder Traxx and it looks like they don't make anything for chevy wheels, but I found spacers from Rough Country that look like they might work. More research to follow.

Sittin real nice ........ NiCe WoRk
Thanks!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not of the bowties...but I will get some. I too popped the back off exposing the chrome, but ended up painting it black too. The front looks great in black, but I may end up changing both of them anyway.

Here is a partial shot of the front bowtie, during the 24 hrs that the CCM/Nittos were on. I just had 3 wheels replaced where the clear coat had peeled off. The fella leaning on my mirror helped me tremendously.

photobucket-2912-1309458289773.jpg

Why'd you take the CCM off? Did you take the Nittos off too?

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just didn't like the look. Maybe it was my OCD or something, but it just wasn't what I wanted. I think it would be awesome on a Z-71, but IMO it just did something to the LTZ. I got my buddy to swap the Nittos for Michelin LTX M/S 2's in the stock size. Just one of those things!

Hawkeye

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question for Wakinvol

@ Wakinvol... What size Nitto TG did you have on your LTZ when the CCM was installed (in the picture). Nevermind! I saw your reply to me in another topic with your tire size. Thanks

Last edited:

Millsp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good.
I have a 2008 white z71 too and I'm putting a 2" front end leveling kit on it tomorrow and I'm looking to get some bigger, more aggressive looking tires. I was wondering what size tires you put on and if there is any rub with them?

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

After lurking around these forums looking for advice on a good leveling kit for my 08 Z71 Tahoe I finally pulled the trigger. I decided to go with the CCM 2.5" front/1" rear levelling lift kit. I also got some Nitto Trail Grabber M/Ts (18" stock wheels). I wanted the Hoe to little bigger/tougher look, but to make it really subtle. I just got her back from the shop this afternoon, here are the before/after pics!

I have the same exact car and I am installing a 2" front end leveling kit later this week and I am looking to get some bigger and more aggressive looking tires. I was wondering what size these are and if they rub at all.

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Nittos were 275/60-20's...they rubbed a little with and without the CCM, but nothing that couldn't be trimmed and hidden. It was only on the front fender liner. I didn't take any pics of it but it is an easy remedy.

OP
OP
C

chris_26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good.
I have a 2008 white z71 too and I'm putting a 2" front end leveling kit on it tomorrow and I'm looking to get some bigger, more aggressive looking tires. I was wondering what size tires you put on and if there is any rub with them?

They're 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's. They don't rub unless you go full steering wheel turn, and its still minimal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts