*PICS* Installing 3/5 Drop on Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Isos are so easy, stop being a lazy ***** it only takes a minute to rack it and 5 minutes to pull them out. You're gonna pull them eventually, may as well dial that shit up now :cheers:

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Isos are so easy, stop being a lazy ***** it only takes a minute to rack it and 5 minutes to pull them out. You're gonna pull them eventually, may as well dial that shit up now :cheers:

No doubt....jzus, you'd think we were talking about dropping the tranny. Jack the ****** up remove a bolt on each shock jack'er up a little more pull the springs, remove isolators.... you don't even need to remove the wheels.

ALso, if this is the level of motivation in our military.........yikes!(just busting your balls, you are much appreciated:grd:

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

also, I like my 305's still...*till of course, I rip my fenders off..I know the repercussions of tucking with wide tires*

You're not gonna tuck with spindles and keys...........as far as i know(and I could be wrong) tucking means the whole top of the tire is tucked in the fender well, at least ,if not a good portion of the rim. I am pretty sure tuckin 305's with no bags would be a pretty bad idea unless you only wanted to make 15 degree turns from now on......

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're not gonna tuck with spindles and keys...........as far as i know(and I could be wrong) tucking means the whole top of the tire is tucked in the fender well, at least ,if not a good portion of the rim. I am pretty sure tuckin 305's with no bags would be a pretty bad idea unless you only wanted to make 15 degree turns from now on......

A) Im riding on my bump stops because I didnt cut them yet..which means theres more drop to be had because the bump stops are holding it up a little...

B) I havent installed the keys yet

C) I wouldnt be tucking like MOB or anything...but the top of the tire would be above the bottom of the fender

BANDAA.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

ALso, if this is the level of motivation in our military.........yikes!(just busting your balls, you are much appreciated:grd:

lol...we never lowered our humvees...hahaha

it was a ***** to get the springs out...we had to use the spring compressors...but then I realized, I wouldnt have to do that with these new ones..would I? since they are 5 inches shorter...

also, I like the fact that the boots keep it quiet and not metal on metal...can I put something in its place maybe?

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure your hittting the bump stops? Not sure bout anyone else with a 5" drop, but mine only were touching when i had a car load of people or hit a hard bump. Did you trim your stock bumpstops at all? What did you use for rear shocks? When i trimmed my bumpstops, i only had maybe 1.5-2" travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris