Picked up a ClayBar kit today. Any advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got some nice graduation money today, About $900 :rocking: So i stopped at the auto store trying not to spend all of it. I just bought the Mothers Clay kit, It came with two bars, Detail spray and a microfiber cloth. Looks like a good kit.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice before i go head and use it tommorow.

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Thanks lol. Do you think the clay will take off overspray?

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
thats the size, not grade

2 80gram bars = 160

being an OTC clay its not too agressive, but i think it'll still remove some over spray depending on how bad it is. my meguiars clay removed a lot of overspray

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Be sure to wash your car with Dawn before hand. That should remove most if not all of the layers of wax for you, which will make the claying a bit easier.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
Be sure to wash your car with Dawn before hand. That should remove most if not all of the layers of wax for you, which will make the claying a bit easier.

i wash with dawn and clay at the same time doing a panel at a time...don't forget after claying to wax the entire vehicle again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton

Latest posts