2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’m glad you found it helpful. I’m still around, just haven’t posted too many updates lately. I’m hoping to hit the race track in the next week or two before Dream Cruise so I can make my first official 10 second qtr mile pass. Happy to help if you have questions. Great community here with lots of people and good info.
If you do make it to the track, hopefully you'll post a video of that beast.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a good start for sure and a good price on a blower, just know you might need to replace the bearings and isolator. Easy to do if you’re mechanically inclined. You could just do a light rebuild on the motor, just bearings and a hone or .005-.010” cleanup if you’re lucky. Rebuild the L92 heads with a decent spring package and run LS7 lifers. Accessory drive is another chunk of the cost. You have a few options there. I ran a stock ZL1 heat exchanger at first with OEM lines and a cheap pump. Will work great for that power level. I’ll dig up my price sheet, I thought I posted it but maybe I forgot to.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do make it to the track, hopefully you'll post a video of that beast.
100% will do. I’ve got a Dragy too so I’ll get video from that and another cam inside as well as outside. If it ran 124mph in the quarter on a heavy ass 32” snow tire with a crap launch, it should have no problem with a deep 10s pass now. That pass was in 2019 on 93oct and without my CNC heads lol. Adding the wheels and drag radials saves me about 120lbs of rotating mass alone. Also with another 200+hp on E85 with CNC heads, I should crush that no problem.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a good start for sure and a good price on a blower, just know you might need to replace the bearings and isolator. Easy to do if you’re mechanically inclined. You could just do a light rebuild on the motor, just bearings and a hone or .005-.010” cleanup if you’re lucky. Rebuild the L92 heads with a decent spring package and run LS7 lifers. Accessory drive is another chunk of the cost. You have a few options there. I ran a stock ZL1 heat exchanger at first with OEM lines and a cheap pump. Will work great for that power level. I’ll dig up my price sheet, I thought I posted it but maybe I forgot to.
Thanks so much I really appreciate all the advice. My vin references the engine as a L94, would it uave L92 heads? If I change over to the LS7 lifters should I change out the cam too? I seen a complete low mileage LSA cam, lifters, push rods, springs and keepers for 200 on eBay? Sorry for the barrage of questions I’m kinda learning this as I go.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much I really appreciate all the advice. My vin references the engine as a L94, would it uave L92 heads? If I change over to the LS7 lifters should I change out the cam too? I seen a complete low mileage LSA cam, lifters, push rods, springs and keepers for 200 on eBay? Sorry for the barrage of questions I’m kinda learning this as I go.
L94 and L92 are pretty much the same motors. L94 was 2010 model years and up and are still a basic LS3 rectangular port head. You have AFM you're gonna want to delete and VVT too if you aren't sticking with a VVT Cam which I don't suggest. Used CTSV kit you mentioned is def a cost effective option but I'm not sure I'd trust a random used OEM listing. Lifters and stuff are pretty cheap new but I understand it adds up fast, trust me lol. Depending on the fuel pump you have, you might be able to stick with stock and just add a flex sensor if you dont have one already and just run new -8 AN fuel line and a return to your factory bucket. You'll want a vacuum referenced fuel regulator as well.

*Now that I think about it, your L94 motor probably has the same 823 casting heads as my L92 motor... Same motor but you have AFM, I didn't. My stock cam had a little more duration but yours has 54 lbs./hr. at 58 psi injectors (LSA stock is 59 lbs./hr) so you might even be able to stick with those if you're lucky.

*Another edit to say, 100% swap out the cam for a PDS cam made for positive displacement blowers. It’ll make way more power. LSA cam or even LS9 cam is fine if that’s all you can afford for your budget but I love my BTR Stage 3 cam but it’s aggressive. Even a Stage 1 or 2 would be way better than OEM.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018