painted callipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the paint on is better than spray on ? and also what should i paint my wheel wells with there is paint and they look really grey on all of them white paint was from the road ... :( should i just mask off everything except the wheel wells under there and just spray with black spray paint ? what would look the best ?

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the paint on is better than spray on ? and also what should i paint my wheel wells with there is paint and they look really grey on all of them white paint was from the road ... :( should i just mask off everything except the wheel wells under there and just spray with black spray paint ? what would look the best ?
Mask everything off that you don't want painted. Make sure to clean your wheel wells off really good with some soapy water and a nylon bristled brush. Rinse a couple times with water or a degreaser...blow down with air to make sure it's dry. Buy some black rubberized undercoating and spray a couple light coats. Done and done. :)

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and if the kit is way better where can you purchase it i cant find it on autozone or pep boys?

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

okay that sounds good for the wheel wells but you think the paint stick instead of spray cans ? for the calipers ?

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and if the kit is way better where can you purchase it i cant find it on autozone or pep boys?
They have them at my local Advance Auto store...not sure about anywhere else. Order online?

And yes, I'd be willing to bet that the brush on stuff will be much easier, faster, and better than just regular spray paint.

Good luck!

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all your advice i will hopefully be doing this in the next couple of days ... if weather starts clearing up :(

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I plan on my calipers being painted as soon as I'm home from college this semester in red and hopefully will look nice with my Rims

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

okay that sounds good for the wheel wells but you think the paint stick instead of spray cans ? for the calipers ?

I got my Duplicolor brush on kit at O'Reillys for about $18. PREP is key to a good paint job. I actually bought an extra can of brake cleaner when I did mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
i paid $4.49 for spray bomb and used sand paper i had laying around my house, i think it looks pretty good but i cant argue with blueflames calipers either they look good, and it is important to make sure they are really clean for the paint to hold

OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
looking good bro, can we get a better pic of them at a farther angle ? i just wanna see how well the red flows with the truck, i've been thinking of red also on my truck.. thank you

ya i will try and take soon, if you want to take my word though i love it looks good, i still have to do the rears

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goneracin

Latest posts