painted callipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
I did mine in flat black. i thought with a white truck it would have stood out to much. I did my disks as well. Went to Canadian Tire and bought one of those wire wheels you can put in your drill and unloaded all the rust in seconds so it had some nice fresh bare metal to stick to and did them in silver to mimic a stainless steel disk and it looks sweet. I just bought some high heat paint and its lasted for a few months now with no degradation at all.
Looks good man.

so i traded for the rims i wanted and the calipers are even more noticable, i am pulling them off today and finishing the job im painting the rears read aswell i am going to paint the hub of the rotors but i think im going black that wire wheel is a great idea i am going to have to grab one

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics.
On second look there is some degradation, not bad though considering the fact that we get six months of salt and slush up here.
The stuff I used was VHT caliper paint.
As you can see on the disc though, the factory wheels have a slightly larger mounting surface than the Lexani's and so when i taped it off i used the factory wheels mounting area to use as a guide. You don't want to paint where the wheels mount, it should be a clean and free of paint and contaminants for a proper mount. Otherwise you may lose some of the torque on the lug nuts.

Pics of the wheels you scored?

Attachments

• DSC_8678.jpg
    DSC_8678.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_8683.jpg
    DSC_8683.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
hmm that silver looks good, now you have me thinking, my rims are black centered now though so i might still go black but that silver looks good, and ya pics will be going up this evening, im washing garage out this afternoon then painting and pic taking tonight

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Dam i'm glad spring is here.
I think next year when i redo them ill do it a little later in the year to avoid the salt and grime but maybe by then I'll be able to swing a set of Stainless discs.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Whatever you do if you use those wire wheels in your drill make sure you use some sort of eye or face protection. The little wires sometimes fly out of them and they suck when they are sticking out of your eye. It makes blinking a real *****!

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
I just painted my calipers about a month ago. I used the Duplicolor brush on kit. Turned out pretty good. Excuse the dirt, but it's been raining all weekend. Here are some pics.

FrtBrake.jpg
RrBrake.jpg
Brake.jpg

OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
so here are the rear calipers i painted and i painted on the hub part of the rotor and as you can see with my new rims they are much mor noticeable, would you believe i hand washed my truck yesterday gotta love alberta weather

calipers002.jpg

calipers001.jpg

calipers004.jpg

i just cut this cardboard to sheild the disc part it worked well

calipers003.jpg

and here is the finished product i cant wait to finish school in 11 days and get back to work so i can lower it

calipers006.jpg

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
You're right it would not have looked right to paint the discs silver with the black rims. Now with the black rims the red really stands out. All that pain of removing the wheels and all that really pays off in the long run. Good job man.

OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
thanks, ya i hate that picture of my truck though it loooks weird im going to get some better ones this week when its nice, love that they are predicting snow tomorrow, nice ride by the way, your system must pound

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Gotta love spring time in Alberta!
I actually removed one of the subs to get half of my third row of seats back in but it still blows my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nortonte