P0499 - Where's the EVAP solenoid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Brake_L8

Brake_L8

Reaction score
Wow, tons of great info here - thank you all so much. I figured out my problem and you'll collectively roll eyes at what caused it - BUT if I have to diagnose later down the road, this thread will be a great resource to save.

I use this truck to tow with. When I took it to Road Atlanta in early December, my trailer had some wiring that was grounding out against the frame and blowing the truck's fuse for the trailer running lights. I blew through a few spare fuses as I was diagnosing that wiring and ran out of legit spares... so I thought it was so kind of GM to leave fuses in the box for options my truck doesn't have.

The first two fuses I pulled to use on that circuit were for L/HID and R/HID as the Denalis don't have HID headlights.

The third and final fuse? 4WS, because the Denali never got 4 Wheel Steering/Quadrasteer.

Well, SLCHOE's post about wiring got me thinking - this evap stuff has to be on a fused circuit, which one is it? Fifteen seconds on Google got me the answer.

I guess someone at GM decided that the evap system and Quadrasteer could share a circuit, and that it was smarter to label the circuit with the rare option vs. the standard emissions system.

So... I'll be putting a new 15A fuse in the 4WS spot tomorrow and that ought to, you know, let the evap solenoid do it's thing.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quadrasteer how does that work out yah i remember that feature awhile back i always thought id come in handy towing a travel trailer but i had my doubts about reliability
also isnt a quadrasteer axle wider then the standerd axle i noticed on thee trucks awhile back they kinda these extra wide rear fender wells that looked funny

OP
OP
Brake_L8

Brake_L8

Reaction score
quadrasteer how does that work out yah i remember that feature awhile back i always thought id come in handy towing a travel trailer but i had my doubts about reliability
also isnt a quadrasteer axle wider then the standerd axle i noticed on thee trucks awhile back they kinda these extra wide rear fender wells that looked funny

I don't have Quadrasteer - it never came on the Yukon Denali. Only was offered on the Sierra C3, Sierra Denali (03), Silverados and a few Suburbans/Yukons. But, I wanted a truck with Quadrasteer so did some reading on it.

Yes, the rear axle is wider which is why you see the rear fender flares. I think it's 8" wider in total. The steering setup is simple enough but a lot of parts are NLA if anything breaks. There is a "tow" mode that allegedly uses all four wheels but is tuned for better stability when towing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fermonarez