New to the site. Thanks for letting me in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
Greetings, my name is Nick. And thank you for allowing me to join the site. Here's our 1999 Tahoe we picked up end of 2021. It's a K1500, 5.7L. My wife and I flew to Texas and drove it 1600 miles back home to NY. It's not driven in the winter and stored indoors. Currently has just about 130k miles on it, so it's life has just begun IMO. We're no stranger to this generation of Tahoe/Suburban as this Tahoe is (1) of (4) we've owned since 2005. We have had a '98 GMC Suburban/K1500/5.7, '98 Chevy Suburban/K2500/5.7 and a 1996 Chevy Suburban/K1500/5.7(this is my current winter driver - it's days are numbered lol). All have been victim of the NY salt. Except this one. Plans are to preserve it best we can.

Hoping to pick some brains here as the need arises and help out when and where I can as I've done most of my own work on these over the years. We love these 1st gen GM's. If you all wish I can post pics of the other (3) I mentioned as well.

View attachment 386847View attachment 386848
BARN DOORS (or as I occasionally heard them referred to - Ambulance Doors) is one feature they never should have done away with. Would have gotten them if they were still offered.

OP
OP
Hoesgottaeat2

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did grow up in the Midwest surrounded by farmers...
Rural western NY surrounded by farmers here too. But ours don't talk much as they're always on a running tractor when we see them. Most drive 30-40 year old pickups as personal vehicles so I'm thinking "tailgate" is what they'd call the rear doors lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14