New to the site. Thanks for letting me in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hoesgottaeat2

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I’m a big fan of the gmt400 platform, too, and have had several over the years. That green Tahoe looks like a nice rig!!
I've heard the reference to the GMT400 platform over the years but never paid that close attention. Just hit the google machine on it again. Is it true A.O. Smith played a part in the manufacturing of these?

The same A.O. Smith that makes hot water tanks?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard the reference to the GMT400 platform over the years but never paid that close attention. Just hit the google machine on it again. Is it true A.O. Smith played a part in the manufacturing of these?

The same A.O. Smith that makes hot water tanks?
:shrug: No idea. I'm not smart enough to retain information as detailed as that LOL I just know that the platform is GMT400 and on forums and other places on the interwebz you'll see them referred to as OBS. It was certainly a strong era for the GM fullsize trucks and SUVs.

OP
OP
Hoesgottaeat2

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:shrug: No idea. I'm not smart enough to retain information as detailed as that LOL I just know that the platform is GMT400 and on forums and other places on the interwebz you'll see them referred to as OBS. It was certainly a strong era for the GM fullsize trucks and SUVs.
Hahaha. My google machine determines how smart I am at times. I looked further into it via wikipedia. It appears they are indeed the same company. Been in the piping trades for over 2 decades and I know A.O.Smith to be a popular hot water tank brand. Looking further into it on-the-lines I see they have an automotive division as well. Learned something new today. That's all the new info I can handle for one day lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645