P0307 2014 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MN-cj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So just to report back, I changed out all 8 plugs with ACDelco 41-110 and ACDelco 748UU wires from AutoZone. As suggested, I also swapped coil #7 and #3 in case the miss returned I would know if it was the coil or if it was something else. Even though the plugs had 10 years on them, I think taking the 2nd battery tray off to get to the coil bolt I dropped thru the hole in it accidently when I was swapping coils took longer than doing the entire driver's side plug and wire change. Passenger side obviously took longer but removing the airfilter and it's entire housing helped open up the area to reach in from the front to get your arm in there while standing on a milk crate.

One thing I noticed is right below the threaded stud to the left of coil #8 towards the firewall, there was a slight drip of antifreeze. I noticed it because a drip hit my hand while trying to get #8 out. it must not be hitting the header or I would smell it burning. Not really seeing any large loss quickly in antifreeze either (knock on wood). Any idea what is in that area which could be dripping?

Attachments

• 20240218_152748.jpg
    20240218_152748.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240218_152754.jpg
    20240218_152754.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240218_152802.jpg
    20240218_152802.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 3

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I noticed is right below the threaded stud to the left of coil #8 towards the firewall, there was a slight drip of antifreeze. I noticed it because a drip hit my hand while trying to get #8 out. it must not be hitting the header or I would smell it burning. Not really seeing any large loss quickly in antifreeze either (knock on wood). Any idea what is in that area which could be dripping?
What is in the area by #8? You have two heater hoses going into your heater core by #8. I am assuming you also have rear heat so there are two plastic tees that have a tendency to fail. I would very carefully check that area over and plan on replacing the tees and possibly the hoses particularly if they are original at 227K, you are on borrowed time.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is in the area by #8? You have two heater hoses going into your heater core by #8. I am assuming you also have rear heat so there are two plastic tees that have a tendency to fail. I would very carefully check that area over and plan on replacing the tees and possibly the hoses particularly if they are original at 227K, you are on borrowed time.

^^ x2 ^^

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... two heater hoses going into your heater core by #8 ... there are two plastic tees that have a tendency to fail.
I'd very carefully check that area over and plan on replacing the tees and possibly the hoses particularly if they are original at 227K.
You are on borrowed time.
One of my favorite things about this Z71:
when the road gets really bumpy and everyone else slows down, I can even speed up a bit.
Except, one time, the road abruptly switched from 'paved' to 'under construction'.
It was bumpy enough to break either the 'Y' or the 'T' (don't remember which).

Could not afford the
permanent solution
but I will buy them later this year.
$200 is a small price to never have to ever replace them again.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just to report back, I changed out all 8 plugs with ACDelco 41-110 and ACDelco 748UU wires from AutoZone. As suggested, I also swapped coil #7 and #3 in case the miss returned I would know if it was the coil or if it was something else. Even though the plugs had 10 years on them, I think taking the 2nd battery tray off to get to the coil bolt I dropped thru the hole in it accidently when I was swapping coils took longer than doing the entire driver's side plug and wire change. Passenger side obviously took longer but removing the airfilter and it's entire housing helped open up the area to reach in from the front to get your arm in there while standing on a milk crate.

I heard that the AC Delco spark plug # 41-110 has been superseded by # 41-162 for Gen4 LS engines.

OP
OP
M

MN-cj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I heard that the AC Delco spark plug # 41-110 has been superseded by # 41-162
The 41-110 plug was the original ones I just removed from my truck and from searching around the forums, the story seems to be these were made by Denso for ACDelco. The part number change to 41-162 plugs were when NGK started making them for ACDelco. So I would not need to find it in the future, I wrote down for reference in my truck stuff:
ACDelco 41-110 or GM# 12621255 (Denso made) changing to 41-162 (NGK made).
The first set went 10 years and 227k miles so hopefully the 2nd set are good enough to go a few years until next replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts