P0306 NO MATTER WHAT I DO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Disconnect the battery, both sides, touch the cable ends together for about 15 seconds and then let sit for 30 minutes, with the charger on the battery and then reconnect and see if it blows up. Oh, and tell the wife, "don't do that".

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
Disconnect the battery, both sides, touch the cable ends together for about 15 seconds and then let sit for 30 minutes, with the charger on the battery and then reconnect and see if it blows up. Oh, and tell the wife, "don't do that".
I'll give it a shot. Thank you

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
Probably blew the mega fuse.
I checked every fuse I could find at 3am. Everything under the hood and on the side of the dash. Nothing has blown. Unless it's under that little black cover that is on the fire wall near the battery. The wire that arced out was 1 that comes out from behind that and goes to the back of the alternator.

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
Ok changed the 175 amp fuse, changed the intake manifold gasket. Still have the P0300 code and it sounds like crap. I'm at the end of knowing what else to do other than dropping it off at a garage and I hate doing that. It will start right up on the first try. But after shutting it off and trying to restart it, it struggles. Could it just need to wear in the new parts or am I missing something here?

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
Missing something. Vacuum leaks?
There were 2 pcv valves and those are back on, and 1 hose from the back of the manifold to the brake booster. Those are all back on. I'm racking my brain, and it feels like I'm going backwards. I started with just cylinder 6 bad now I have a random multi cylinder misfire. My wife's getting pissed and I'm about to throw in the towel which is very hard for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts