P0306 NO MATTER WHAT I DO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On YouTube there are "short cuts" to unstick a lifter. I don't know if it works or last, but maybe worth a look.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would wait until you can afford it. The cam could be pitted and if that’s the case it will ruin the new lifter and you’ll be doing it all over again. I would tear down both sides that way you can get a good look at the camshaft through the lifter holes while you spin it over.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would wait until you can afford it. The cam could be pitted and if that’s the case it will ruin the new lifter and you’ll be doing it all over again. I would tear down both sides that way you can get a good look at the camshaft through the lifter holes while you spin it over.
That is why I recommended what I did about the teardown. Band aids tend to come back and bite you in the ass. Tear it down once and look at it and then KNOW what the cost is to fix it right.

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
That is why I recommended what I did about the teardown. Band aids tend to come back and bite you in the ass. Tear it down once and look at it and then KNOW what the cost is to fix it right.
Everything you guys have said has help tremendously. I was looking at the kits, they are not as expensive as I had thought, but there are afm delete kits and regular afm kits. Which is honestly better?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Everything you guys have said has help tremendously. I was looking at the kits, they are not as expensive as I had thought, but there are afm delete kits and regular afm kits. Which is honestly better?
I don't have to deal with AFM on my 2005 but there are bunches and bunches of threads here to read thru about the plus and minus of AFM.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFM delete is better since it won't be there to fail any more but keep in mind the truck will have to be tuned immediately after the parts are installed.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AFM delete is better since it won't be there to fail any more but keep in mind the truck will have to be tuned immediately after the parts are installed.
+1. I assembled my own kit so I could get exactly the parts I wanted for my 2012. The kits are composed of compromises to get to a competitive price point. E.g. in my case, they all had cams designed for the 5.3 but were "compatible" with the 6.2. I wanted a cam that was engineered specifically for the 6.2. Since you have the 5.3 though, most of the kits would likely be a good match for yours.

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
I appreciate all the info you guys have given me. It's definitely made things easier for me. Believe it or not the kits for the afm delete are cheaper. I'm going to pull the valve cover and head on the driverside and see what it looks like. Hopefully the valves and springs are still in good shape. Thanks again for everyone's input. Once I'm finished I'll check back to let everyone know how it went

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the info you guys have given me. It's definitely made things easier for me. Believe it or not the kits for the afm delete are cheaper. I'm going to pull the valve cover and head on the driverside and see what it looks like. Hopefully the valves and springs are still in good shape. Thanks again for everyone's input. Once I'm finished I'll check back to let everyone know how it went
Good luck and please do let us know what you find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN