p0300 pissing me off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think that will help this.

I didn't think it would help my problem either. But it did.

My guess right now, is either a leak in the intake gasket, clogged fuel injectors, or a vacuum leak somewhere.

If it's bad enough you'll see the white smoke leak out somewhere when you seafoam into the intake. Someone posted it's better to do it into the pcv line and I would agree now that I see it runs to the top center of the intake.

Try it, can't hurt. I did 2 bottles in all, over a weekend.

-Pour it slow
-dont let the truck die
-use half a can at a time
-let it sit for 30mins or more
-drive it like your brother stole it

B

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it sounds like some predetonation in the cylinders.

Thats what I had

Caliptix said:
My guess right now, is either a leak in the intake gasket, clogged fuel injectors, or a vacuum leak somewhere.

Generally those are things that SF will help with

B

Caliptix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will think about giving it a shot, but I would rather do some other tests first before I do that.

I was hoping Hassoun could update on what happened with putting on new cats.

Caliptix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK well i bought some seafoam and brake cleaner to spray around the intake first to see if there is a leak. If there is, I am going to have them replace the CPS and the knock sensors just to be safe when they go in to replace the intake gasket.

Now mind you this truck has 150k+ on it and I have no idea how it was treated before me.

I will also have the injectors flowed while im at it.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK well i bought some seafoam and brake cleaner to spray around the intake first to see if there is a leak. If there is, I am going to have them replace the CPS and the knock sensors just to be safe when they go in to replace the intake gasket.

Now mind you this truck has 150k+ on it and I have no idea how it was treated before me.

I will also have the injectors flowed while im at it.

Before I did major work I would take this approach personally. Do the intake first through the pcv valve line, 1 can..... half at a time as per above.

If you've never seafoamed the truck in general, try that a few times in the oil and gas tank. If you add to the oil, make sure to account for the added volume. Double up in the gas, two bottles per tank on the first run and really get on it from time to time and blow those injectors good.

I think you'll be surprised what a little 9.00 can will do

Of course you'll end up buying about 40.00 worth if you do all that ...... :)

B

Caliptix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Turns out my number 6 cylinder coil pack was bad. No more ping, but I have to replace my cats now. Any ideas on which cats and where I can get them? Also going to do a muffler, prob flowmaster.

They also did a professional cleaning on the whole fuel system, including the injectors , fuel pump, and fuel rail.

Now i need to figure out why my oil pressure gauge reads at 80 all the time.

Last edited:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming you unbolted the cats and tested the air flow?

B

Caliptix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They arent bolt ons. They are welded. and i am taking the mechanics word for it

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They arent bolt ons. They are welded. and i am taking the mechanics word for it

You can unbolt the cats out of the flow at the exhaust manifold. That way you can push some air through them and have someone see if air passes easily through them. Alot of guys use grass blowers or compressed air.

Did you try the seafoam yet? I just did mine for the 4th time through the PCV valve line into the center of the intake...tons of smoke still. Running better and better it seems. No more 300 codes.

B

Caliptix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am thinking of either getting part#MPE-99006HM or Part#45006 from Magnaflow for the cats. Does it matter which one I go with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz