P0300 code after replacing parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MalcDogg

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Let’s just start 2008 Chevy Tahoe
Got a misfire code P0307 found out it was the lifter so I replaced all the lifters, cam, spark plugs, head gaskets, intake gaskets, timing chain and sprockets, also replaced the cats and 02 sensors

Now it’s throwing P0300 codes and engine idles rough and sometimes stall

Anyone got any ideas or solutions

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Whoa, you got a lot done. Just keeping it simple and guessing it didn’t have the same code before. If you pulled the spark plug leads you may have damaged one or more of them in the process. Buy a new cheapie set and see if that cleans up the idle.

Did you replace the lifter buckets with OEM?

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
I replaced the lifter guides aswell I also installed new spark plugs and still getting a misfire

I’m thinking it could be the heads not torqued correctly because of some cheap bolts for eBay that didn’t go in easy I’m thinking that could be the problem spark plugs is getting wet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@petethepug was asking about plug wires, when he said "leads". I would also be worried about a vacuum leak. Are you sure all air tube connections are tight between the air filter housing, MAF and throttle body? Double check the MAF connector and make sure a wire is not pushed out of connector. Damaged the cam and or crank sensors? You did a lot of work and now have to recheck the work. If you torqued down the head bolts correctly, they should be ok but go ahead and recheck.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I replaced the lifter guides aswell I also installed new spark plugs and still getting a misfire

I’m thinking it could be the heads not torqued correctly because of some cheap bolts for eBay that didn’t go in easy I’m thinking that could be the problem spark plugs is getting wet
Wet plugs, if it is fuel, typically means a spark problem. What color is the spark? Blue=good, orange=bad.

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
Wet plugs, if it is fuel, typically means a spark problem. What color is the spark? Blue=good, orange=bad.
the spark plugs is black not all of just about 3 or 4 them some oil on them from inside the cylinders I’ll be putting everything back together today hopefully no misfiring all vacuum hoses and lines is good no leaks there

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
@MalcDogg Checking your compression might be a good place to start if you suspect the head isn’t installed properly
I’m gonna do a compression test today I got everything out back together and still get a random misfire I’m also getting a U 0101 code

But I did forget to mention I had some cheap cats and replaced them they was hollow after taking them off I’m thinking the muffler could be causing this aswell being that it’s clogged with the old cats stuff ‍♂️
What u think about that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar