P0300 code after replacing parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
When you pulled the heads the 2nd time, did you use all new bolts and head gaskets? You mentioned using ebay parts, are they genuine GM?

Are you doing an AFM delete or keeping it original? It is SOP to replace the VLOM as it is this component that fails and ruins the lifters most often.
No I didn’t do I delete and I used all new parts

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
Now that I got everything done and new parts I’m getting smoke from tail pipe a lot of smoke on start up looks white but really light blue color and smells like burning oil but then goes away and come back after sitting idle then I can hear an internal backfire any ideas on that?

But the engine is running fine no codes ‍♂️

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I got everything done and new parts I’m getting smoke from tail pipe a lot of smoke on start up looks white but really light blue color and smells like burning oil but then goes away and come back after sitting idle then I can hear an internal backfire any ideas on that?

But the engine is running fine no codes ‍♂️
Classic symptoms of leaking valve stem seals or bad valve guides. But as was asked before, why did those valves get bent?

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
Classic symptoms of leaking valve stem seals or bad valve guides. But as was asked before, why did those valves get bent?
I installed new valves and seals I should’ve replaced the guides too

The valves got bent from hitting the tops of the pistons do to bent push rods

Attachments

• IMG_8900.jpeg
    IMG_8900.jpeg
    442.5 KB · Views: 5

bigboy215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone
Let’s just start 2008 Chevy Tahoe
Got a misfire code P0307 found out it was the lifter so I replaced all the lifters, cam, spark plugs, head gaskets, intake gaskets, timing chain and sprockets, also replaced the cats and 02 sensors

Now it’s throwing P0300 codes and engine idles rough and sometimes stall

Anyone got any ideas or solutions
I have a 2008 Tahoe LTZ I just placed the steering wheel column because my angle sensor was bad and now I'm having cold read co455 and co242 can anybody out here tell me what does these codes me

bigboy215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone
Let’s just start 2008 Chevy Tahoe
Got a misfire code P0307 found out it was the lifter so I replaced all the lifters, cam, spark plugs, head gaskets, intake gaskets, timing chain and sprockets, also replaced the cats and 02 sensors

Now it’s throwing P0300 codes and engine idles rough and sometimes stall

Anyone got any ideas or solutions
I got a 2008 Tahoe LTZ and my traction stabilizer l light was on I changed my steering wheel angle sensor and it went off but now I'm having a code co455 and co242 can anybody help me out with these codes don't know what it means

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar