Other 'Toys'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My two "toys" are my GTO and my V;

The GTO is one of the first 465 sent to the USA in late 2003. It has a Sep03 build;

From the Indian Uprising show last year
uqJKXhy.jpg

Just in general
OmmNzP6.jpg

Then my Caddy. The STS-V, only 2,503 were made between 2006 and 2009. 2006 being the most common year.
aRyR0aX.jpg

And then this was last Thursday at a local get together;
View attachment 255322
Love the blue. Do you find the leather--especially on the upper rear seats, gets hard from sun exposure, and shrinks? Thereby ripping the stitching from shrinking. I see that alot.
No sarcasm--But--What makes the STS-V special? Just based on numbers, or is it like the CTS-V, performance wise?

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
Love the blue. Do you find the leather--especially on the upper rear seats, gets hard from sun exposure, and shrinks? Thereby ripping the stitching from shrinking. I see that alot.
No sarcasm--But--What makes the STS-V special? Just based on numbers, or is it like the CTS-V, performance wise?

Thanks, I love that blue. It's called Impulse Blue Metallic. That is a common problem with GTO's, however, mine sits in a climate controlled garage 99.999999% of the time under multiple covers. So it rarely sees light, only coming out on a couple of occasions, which are usually car shows or local Holden get togethers (weather permitting of course). I think I am up to around 15k miles on it. :)

It is a complete performance package versus the regular STS's. It has a hand built Northstar derived V8, displacing 4.4L (Vs. 4.6 for a regular Northstar), that is Supercharged and intercooled. From the factory it is rated at 469hp and 440lb/ft of torque. It and the even lower production XLR-V use the same engine, RPO LC3. I have done intake (which is the big bottle neck), exhaust, tuning, yada yada, on Speed Inc's dyno, I did 412rwhp and 482lb/ft of torque at the rears.

It is rounded out with upgraded suspension bits including one of the first applications of the magnetorheological (sp?) shocks (competitive driving mode stiffens things up nicely...), outside of the Vette. Brembo brakes at all 4 corners, 6 lug staggered wheels (18" front, 19" back), lots of coolers, the visual body work, some interior upgrades which includes a nicer leather dash cover, etc, etc...

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big bucks today I think.
That picture was taken in El Paso TX in 1989 The pass side quarter panel was damaged but I bought it that way and drove the car up to MN with no working radio,wipers,wore out tires and no cell phone. Drove through the White Sands Missile Range in White Sands New Mexico because I wasn't looking at my map. Had military personnel question me and search the entire car before letting me drive off. In 1989 the Missile Range was legal to drive through but they told me it was not a very smart thing to do.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Here are more pics;

Front end with additional body work, mesh grills, domed hood to clear the intercooler, brake cooling ducts;
IoMzMev.jpg

Back;
5KRKaNx.jpg

And of course the LC3 engine;
Vt6CyDp.jpg
I had no idea a caddy was so cool. Rwd/AWD, 40/60 Split? I'd def drive that, and I'm not a caddy guy. I've seen the XLR in person. I don't like it--just me tho.
Gonna check those STS-V prices!
Big Bucks rusted sitting in a junk yard. That picture was taken in El Paso TX in 1989 The pass side quarter panel was damaged but I bought it that way and drove the car up to MN with no working radio,wipers,wore out tires and no cell phone. Drove through the White Sands Missile Range in White Sands New Mexico because I wasn't looking at my map. Had military personnel question me and search the entire car before letting me drive off. In 1989 the Missile Range was legal to drive through but they told me it was not a very smart thing to do.
Why did it end up in the junk yard? Did it still have the drivetrain, or did you strip it 1st? Sad.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no idea a caddy was so cool. Rwd/AWD, 40/60 Split? I'd def drive that, and I'm not a caddy guy. I've seen the XLR in person. I don't like it--just me tho.
Gonna check those STS-V prices!

Why did it end up in the junk yard? Did it still have the drivetrain, or did you strip it 1st? Sad.
I just meant if you could even find one in a junk yard they would still bring good money.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some trading for this 93 a few months back. I have a Belltech 4-5/6 lowering kit in the garage that needs to go on.
7448980ccd72516315379e55bc10ddbf.jpg
82170037d248bae673d8fa9f8fd19e6e.jpg
79324851fd6dcb40b504411fe99692ca.jpg

We also have an older RZR.
1ad3fb528d41f4d3572bc2f9800404f4.jpg

And speaking of STS just picked up this V6 STS for cheap for my son’s first car.

7bbc0189d45b0d96a800248797cf2abf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne