Yeti's 1990 454SS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s where i found that rack from lol.
I watch all his work lately. Makes me keep spending money. But with the LS swap (future) the rack is something i gotta do. Figured while i have the front end getting completely rebuilt, may as well do that too.
Here’s a stupid question. And obviously you can spend your money however you please. But if you’re gonna LS swap the 454ss. Why didn’t you just get any old clean OBS c1500 and make a clone?

Btw I’m on board for the LS swap. But it just crossed my mind that it’s no longer a true 454ss at this point.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta have the spoiler with fog lights if you have an SS!!!!!!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s a stupid question. And obviously you can spend your money however you please. But if you’re gonna LS swap the 454ss. Why didn’t you just get any old clean OBS c1500 and make a clone?

Btw I’m on board for the LS swap. But it just crossed my mind that it’s no longer a true 454ss at this point.
Value at the end of the day. A real 454ss will always bring more than a clone, regardless of what power plant is in it. Id argue that a majority of people would prefer the ls swapped version, especially since it has some miles on it and will be a driver. Not saying that if it were a super low mileage, never driven, museum piece.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand your point. But a clone is a clone. A true 454 is still a 454 no matter what you do to it.

But if in the event i did LS swap it, it would still be a 454. The LSX427
Stroked out to a 454 is still a 454, just modernized.

As of right now I’m just enjoying what we have and wishing it had overdrive in the meantime.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta have the spoiler with fog lights if you have an SS!!!!!!

I agree. The only reason i ordered the non-454 valance is because I planned on trimming it in half when we lower it more, which would be a problem with the fog lights there. But it’s looking like the ride height in front will stay the same so I have room for the full valance now :)

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand your point. But a clone is a clone. A true 454 is still a 454 no matter what you do to it.

But if in the event i did LS swap it, it would still be a 454. The LSX427
Stroked out to a 454 is still a 454, just modernized.

As of right now I’m just enjoying what we have and wishing it had overdrive in the meantime.
Makes sense. I didn’t think about that 454 LSX. Vin numbers matter to collectors and all that fun stuff too.

My thought was you spent a pretty penny up front for the truck just to rebuild/modernize most of it. Where as a OBS clone would be much cheaper and have the same visual outcome..

Rich people problems :cool:

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I didn’t think about that 454 LSX. Vin numbers matter to collectors and all that fun stuff too.

My thought was you spent a pretty penny up front for the truck just to rebuild/modernize most of it. Where as a OBS clone would be much cheaper and have the same visual outcome..

Rich people problems :cool:

LS swap was more or less some kicking back and forth with a friend. If my son wanted to keep this as his first truck, I’d swap it out. Collectibility wouldn’t have been a huge concern at that point. But these trucks don’t bring in money like cars do. So not worried about numbers matching stuff.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well front suspension finally shipped.

I also ordered Elevated Concepts Rack and Pinion conversion kit.

She goes into the shop on 4/11. I believe for a week, maybe 2. Just the suspension and steering upgrades. POR15 the frame, freshen it up.

Only thing I’m waiting on is the wheels right now. Praying those come before 4/11 so i can just have it all done in one shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork