OTA Update GM N22-238206 HVAC Quirk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmokeyJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed this on OTA on 5/19/23 in my 2022 Tahoe LT. Ever since installing, when I start up, the blower goes on high (it is pretty hot here already). That is expected with the system in "Auto". Before I can get out of the garage, the front blower goes very low, the rear blower is running at max. After a few minutes of driving, the system then shifts back to on high for both systems until the interior cools down and normal operation resumes.

In order to live with this strange behavior, I can and do, manually turn up the blower speed and after a few minutes press the "Auto" and everything is normal again.

Is it just me?

martinajm

Reaction score
Not just you. I think that it is related to this issue:

CoryS

Reaction score
I am experiencing the exact same issue. My work around is the same as yours... as soon as the blower goes to low, I manually crank it up and then reenable the auto climate control. This all started immediately after I updated the software.

martinajm

Reaction score
Are you guys seeing the google speech message pop in the post I referenced above up as well? I am taking mine in tomorrow to try to get a fresh software install, not OTA update...

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Are you guys seeing the google speech message pop in the post I referenced above up as well? I am taking mine in tomorrow to try to get a fresh software install, not OTA update...
Not all the time but every once in awhile. Even without that google speech message, the HVAC still acts up. Please let us know what end up happening with the fresh install.

martinajm

Reaction score
Well despite scheduling in advance for them to do this, they told me that I would have to leave the vehicle with them for 3 days for them to "diagnose" before doing a fresh install of the software. I cant leave it with them now so will have to push out a bit. I have 35k miles right now, so I will need to do it soon, as they said that the "software" is only covered up to 3/36... Big dealerships suck...

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
Installed this on OTA on 5/19/23 in my 2022 Tahoe LT. Ever since installing, when I start up, the blower goes on high (it is pretty hot here already). That is expected with the system in "Auto". Before I can get out of the garage, the front blower goes very low, the rear blower is running at max. After a few minutes of driving, the system then shifts back to on high for both systems until the interior cools down and normal operation resumes.

In order to live with this strange behavior, I can and do, manually turn up the blower speed and after a few minutes press the "Auto" and everything is normal again.

Is it just me?
I noticed the same thing the last couple weeks after the OTA update. I tried cranking the temp down in auto but it wouldn’t come back so same as you I did the manual back to auto. Super annoying especially in the heat. I noticed this behavior is similar to when your on a call using blue tooth the air slows down a bit to quite the cabin, it’s as if something is triggering that action and the air goes down.

vwfast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue for me with the A/C after the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts