Ordered tuner for my new Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpg0511

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered a Superchips programer. Anyone else tried one yet. Seems like big numbers at 33hp/53flbs but I wanted for towing also.

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope.
But let me know how it works out. My sons 04 kon came with an diablo predator tuner, and I'm still looking for a custom tune file. BB supposed to be the place to go, but there stuff only supports Windows from what I can see and high $.

Didn't look into it too much yet since it isn't my DD. Hope you didn't waste your money and bought a lot of headaches. I'm new here, but sure that some more experienced members will chime in with there 0.2cents.
Keep us posted.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoulda spent the extra cash on the Blackbear. [emoji106]

OP
OP
J

jpg0511

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had them in the past on other trucks and jeeps and was happy with it. Why do you say should have gotten the Black Bear? I have never heard of it. What makes it better?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had them in the past on other trucks and jeeps and was happy with it. Why do you say should have gotten the Black Bear? I have never heard of it. What makes it better?

Specific tune to your vehicle and your liking, versus a tune that is the same across the board out of the box. That's the main difference.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my Trinity for now, it lets me adjust the things I want. When I go to a single turbo, I will have it tuned with EFI Live.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like my Trinity for now, it lets me adjust the things I want. When I go to a single turbo, I will have it tuned with EFI Live.

BB is EFI live. They tuned my silverado when it was supercharged (both times). Solid work. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

OP
OP
J

jpg0511

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not looking for turbo charging or anything. Would get a sports car for that. Wanted it for towing more than anything. Sounds like a good option for someone who was modifying a lot.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not looking for turbo charging or anything. Would get a sports car for that. Wanted it for towing more than anything. Sounds like a good option for someone who was modifying a lot.

Our suburban wasn't supercharged. But we did gain about 2mpg with their tune and it ran quick!

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super chips puts allot of work into their tunes so you will be happy and it's so easy to use. BUT.

Even if you load your stock file back. Shift pressures and stuff seem to stay in memory. I had this problem switching from my superchip tune to black bear. Truck wouldn't tune right and the tcm tune was sloppy. It was because of all the torque management and shift pressure stuff still there from the superchip tune even after reloading stock file. B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwells