ordered some Treadwright tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
265/75/16 is too small IMO. That is what I'm running with no lift at stock height, and my wheel wells are hungry.

Attachments

• My Tahoe.jpg
    My Tahoe.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 42

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thing is, metric can run different in inches. My old 265/75's are 29" tall, the new tires come in at 32.2" tall and do a fairly good job of filling the wells. I'll get pics when I can. Might be a while though. I do agree though bigger would be nice, but they recommended I stay within manufacturer spec if I wanted a warranty, which, being my first experience with them, I'd prefer. If all goes well I'll be getting 275/75's next time.

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 265's are HUGE and heavy compared to the 245's i was running. i even had a rub issue with my passenger front. I am having some transmission issues now and while i am getting that fixed hope to do a 1.5" or 2" lift.

I like the idea of the Kedge grip and really like the idea of supporting an American company but i have not had a good experience. 2 of my tires took more than 8oz to balance, i did not ask for replacements, 1 had a slow leak form a previous patch i had to take it and have a new patch put in, i didn't report that to treadwright. but when i had a void i had to and then had to follow up with them because i hadn't heard anything then they send me the wrong type tread. i could easily get mad about this but it would just be a waste of time. i will email them about the tread not being Kedge but don't expect them to send me another Kedge one. it cost 30 bucks just for shipping. i am really not a complainer and i would feel bad for them to send me another one. ( how crazy is that )

I will just run what i have until they wear out then decide if i want to give them another try or not.

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just want to report today was the first heavy rain storm i drove in since i got the Warden's and they did awesome. i never felt a hydroplane and some speeds were well above posted limit.

Sarge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea im looking to buy either 295s or 305s from them, price is amazing for the size. Would anyone not recommend them? Even tho OP had issues.

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first light snow for me and couldn't get them to slip at all. wasn't really a good test though it was only a light dusting.

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tires still going strong. had them rotated and balanced and they took quite a bit of weight to balance. just like original mounting. i had a shake at 69mph and after balancing i have the same shake. at 80 they are smooth though. just drove probably 500 miles in 4 days to the mountains and never had any issues. still haven't had any snow to play in though. maybe this winter hopefully. I am still running the tire that had an air pocket void in the tread and it doesn't look like i will have issues with it until the tread wears down. i will probably buy me some street tread tires to run in the summer and use these just for winter time. they are hardly wearing at all.

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just an update on my Treadwright saga

put them on at approximately 221000 miles. had issues documented in this ticket. they never balanced good at all. finally got to the point where i wanted to be smooth again so at 250647 miles i bought me a set of 245/75-16 General Grabbers HTS that i love so far. the responsiveness is so much better and so smooth but. . . . .

now that everyone is predicting the worst winter ever i got the idea i want to put the Wardens back on for winter. i have one never run regular warden that they sent me when i reported a tread void on one of my kedge grip ones but since the replacement was not kedge i never swapped it out. since i have the one with new tread i went ahead an ordered me another regular tread and plan to use two of the used ones with the better tread to make the set for winter.

i plan to mount them up and try to use them for a winter but if it shakes the Tahoe to death like before i will just put my Grabbers back on and try to sell the Wardens to someone to use for off roading or farm truck.

Attachments

• IMG_20140613_172745.jpg
    IMG_20140613_172745.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts