ordered some Treadwright tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arrival date is estimated to be Friday October 8th. Will update when theyre here with pics and initial impressions.

4 265/75/R16 Guard Dog M/T's totaled me in at $556.88 shipped to my door.

Last edited:

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Are you planning on using these as your winter tires? I had a set not the same pattern but had the warden's and they were not best for driving in snow. I had swapped them out for some snow tires from Firestone for driving to the mountain.

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These will be my DD tires year round. The Wardens IIRC are based on the BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A K/O tires, which I had on my 93 Sierra and preformed decent, but they did get alot of packed snow in the tread. Which is why I chose a more aggressive tire this time around for the Tahoe, especially with my intentions being an off-road rig, and winter coming up. Check this guys videos out. Hes running Guard Dogs on his FJ Cruiser in the videos and they seem to preform pretty well. Start at the bottom video and work your way up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ih8PavementDotCom

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires came in today. Initial impressions are good, They dont look like re-treads unless you look closely. I checked the insides of all of them for plugs because of the prior find in this thread. No plugs that I can see. Tread depth is good and the pattern looks better than in the pics for sure. Cant wait to get these mounted, but it will be a little while until I can afford to do so unfortunately.

Attachments

• 04Tires.jpg
    04Tires.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 47
  • 01Tires.jpg
    01Tires.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 02Tires.jpg
    02Tires.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 46
  • 03Tires.jpg
    03Tires.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 51

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll look into it. I could always have them installed later. Not sure what my finances will look like in the near future.

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update to my treadwrights - I find a void in my tread so i email them. a few days and they reply for me to send them the invoice number. i replied that day the number. 9 days later i email asking for an update. this was a Friday. Monday i get a call and hey leave a voice mail asking me to call them to let them know what brand case i had. i call back and leave voice mail my case and size and specifically said with kedge grip. I receive replacement tire today and. . . . yep not a speck of kedge anywhere.

I really didn't want to have a negative experience with this company but so far its pretty much been FAIL!

Attachments

• 2011-10-10 14.07.03.jpg
    2011-10-10 14.07.03.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 2011-10-10 14.07.24.jpg
    2011-10-10 14.07.24.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 64