ordered some Treadwright tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I'm sure that's normal in retreads. Maybe you give treadwright a call just to see what they say? I would

Ch@d

phillydog07

Reaction score
I wouldn't think a patched tire would be normal with retreads. Their website states that they use "gently used" tires. To me, that would logically preclude tires that have been patched.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree Philly. Plus I have considered treadwright and read where they brag how the carefully select the walls. How could the tread even be possible? Are you sure you can trust your shop? Maybe you picked nail up somewhere and they were just bs'n ya?? I don't know just seems odd. Let us know on results.

Ch@d

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know these guys and watched him the whole time. it had a tiny leak right beside a tread block. if it had been molded just a hair different i don't think it would have leaked. when he buffed the old patch out i actually saw some of the moisture from where we dunked it to find the leak ********* exactly in the middle of where the old patch was.

if i did hit something it didn't leave any trace on the tread and the old patch, as far as i could tell didn't have a puncture mark on it. I looked at it pretty good on the stretcher with a very bright light on it. and if i did hit something and it was exactly the center of the old patch i better go check that lottery ticket i bought that day.

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturday i ran up on a curb while parking - on purpose - and my front passenger tire got a nice cut all the way around the outer tread block. my bumper had a nice little point sticking right out where it rubbed. i filed that off and plan to grind it some but i had no idea the 265's would rub. the tire is ok. i just wanted to update this to let people know it will rub when its compressed like that.

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just by looking it looks like it could never rub but think all the stars aligned, I was on a downgrade turned a little so more than normal weight was on that side. I do plan to add a leaf and crank my bars soon. That should help.

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured instead of creating another thread I would use this as well. I ordered 265/75 R16 TreadWrite Guard Dog M/T's Today. I will let you know if I have any issues with mine when they arrive.

This is the specific tire I ordered: https://www.treadwright.com/p-62-265-75r16-guard-dog-m-t-d.aspx

Picture:
62_1_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy

Latest posts