OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I bought a new one, just because it was like $30 and I didn't want to clean it....lol

This is why. I can clean both ends of it and make sure there is flow thru it, but I cannot see inside that tube and I have it off and it is not expensive, so I am replacing it. It is just another thing on my list that I can check off and move on with no "unknowing". I know I have said I like to spend other people's money but I like to spend my money too, on my rig.

But, thanks for asking.

There are lots of non wear items that get replaced just because. I am a "just because" guy, within reason.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No on the black wheels, yes on a trucool 40k cooler.

Yes on the black wheels and no on the Trucool 40k cooler. I don't tow anything with my rig. Friend has a truck and trailer I can use anytime I need to.

Next question. :chewie:

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Nah, I like the looks of the Z71 "spider web" wheels. Was going to do custom wheels when I bought it but I like the ones on there. I have never been a fan of chrome wheels and I want to do the blacked out wheel for the contrast between the Silver Birch Metallic paint and the wheels.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes on the black wheels and no on the Trucool 40k cooler. I don't tow anything with my rig. Friend has a truck and trailer I can use anytime I need to.

Next question. :chewie:

4L60e and stock transcooler can overheat in city driving, good luck.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
4L60e and stock transcooler can overheat in city driving, good luck.

I do understand what you are saying and would be a great option if I run in to that problem. But, I live in the PNW, where the weather is very low in humidity and does not get hot in the summer. I live where I work and drive maybe 5k-6k miles a year and am never in a stop and go/city traffic situation. The only exception would be construction delays or wrecks and such like that. My travels up and over passes are rare and in excellent weather.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Does yours display trans temp in the cluster? In my 08 I can display that on the odometer / trip etc. display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilFresco