OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have been reminded that I should do all this here so I guess I should start a thread about it. I am not going to be doing anything radical but will get this rig to a baseline maintenance wise and repair ANYTHING that is needed over time and get the body back to primo shape. This is what it looked like when I purchased it. My main body concerns were the scrapes at the corners of the front bumper and scrapes and scratches in various places and some paint chips. No body damage or dents but the front bumper scrapes were down in to the primer.

20200918_083715.jpg 20200918_083722.jpg 20200918_083730.jpg 20200918_083741.jpg 20200918_083751.jpg

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The interior leather is all in great shape and all controls and switches and whatever all works. I am going to remove the aftermarket radio and put a factory OE unit in the dash with the radio and cd player. I have that radio already that is set up for my VIN and is unlocked, just haven't installed yet. The rear wiper arm looked like crap and I got an AC Delco new arm and installed.

I can't find the new arm pic but it is the same but new and all black with no coating peeled off. I can take a pic when I get rig back from body shop.

20200918_083722.jpg

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was just going to replace the driver's side outside mirror because of vibrating glass at highway speed but the attaching clips broke when tried to swap the mirror caps. I bought new mirrors, both sides and the caps are painted and here is also pics of the fixed and painted bumper. The rig is getting all chips and scratches and touched up and then the whole rig will be buffed out. I will post pics of the finished product when I get it back Friday.

631666691.jpg imagejpeg_0.jpg 631666709.jpg

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Now let's talk about the mechanical and maintenance items. This is a complete list of what has been done so far:

1. ALL fluids changed. Brake fluid, trans fluid and filter, coolant, power steering, front axle, rear axle, transfer case, oil and filter....etc.

2. New brake rotors, front and rear and new pads front and rear. New parking brake shoes and all adjusting assembly.

3. All 4 oxygen sensors.

4. Trans Corvette servo.

5. All 4 KYB shocks for Auto Ride Suspension.

6. All cooling system hoses and new tees at the firewall and new reservoir and cap.

7. Both belts and tensioners and idler.

8. New MAF and MAP sensor.

9. New Cam and Crank sensors.

10. New plugs, wires, air filter and clean throttle bore.

11. New rear upper and lower control arms.

12. New high mounted third brake light.

13. New transmission cooling lines.

14. New thermostat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Next round of mechanical work: New performance front and rear Hellwig sway bars and bushing and link kits.

New oil pan gasket, rear main seal and housing gasket, new oil pump pickup tube with new o-ring.

Soon after will be new tires and am going to paint the wheels matte black.

Again, pics when done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9