Opinions/Advice on suspension goals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirwolfUSAF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,
I would like opinions and advice on my lifted suspension/drivetrain goals. I have an 03 Hoe and my goal is to run 35's with a max of 37's. I have the 20x10 rims picked out and I'm going to run the Nitto Mud Grapplers. I am in the process of fabing a custom front bumper with push bars resembling the old Road Armor bumpers with the Titan 2 guard. I have a 15,500 lb winch I kept from my old 83 Chevy I sold last year. Now, with the MUCH added weight up front, I am wondering if a 6 inch lift offered by suppliers, will accommodate the HD torsion bars and aftermarket keys I have my eyes on. I cant go with a 1 ton lift because they have rear leaf as my Hoe has coils. 1 option, which I have already been researching, is piecing the 6 inch lift together with individual pieces need from ebay and such. Any help/advice welcome. Selling my Hoe to buy a 1 ton isnt an option for me. It isn't what you buy, it's what you can build to your individual needs. Additionally, my Hoe is payed for, versus buying another truck and spending money on it anyway.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
For what you want to do with heavy bars then get 2500 lower and upper control arms. Order a 2500 front end 6" box kit. Order a 1500 rear box kit. Sounds like a major pain in the ass to do it just for a heavy bumper

OP
OP
A

AirwolfUSAF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I have had other individuals on past forums, such as cumminsforums when I lifted my 93 dodge, reply with the same response. But if you blasted 3 deer in a year going 60 mph, because the stupid flea bags are everywhere here in southeastern Indiana, the added suspension headaches compared to costly front-end repairs is a no brainer to me personally. I drive my Hoe, daily, 45 miles one way, to and from, work. My commute is mostly corn fields and wooded areas on both side of a 2 lane highway. This will be the absolute last time I rebuild the front-end of any of my trucks more than once. So, for me, the heavy front bumper, is worth the effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdadair

Latest posts