Onto the brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
l

the worst pads ever they got 6k miles on them and they are squealing badly :( and chipping apart..

Noise is gone when the brake is pressed

the pads i have are 98-99% pad left but they hurt my ears at with horrible horrible horrible noise :eek:
they don't seem to be dragging.. i don't feel any heat from them after a few miles

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you shim them and use the grease that came with them? Is it both sides? Brake fluid good?

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you shim them and use the grease that came with them? Is it both sides? Brake fluid good?
it started doing it after a hard stop

when I lost Electric Power-Assisted Steering momentary

it only happened once (lost all 12V+ power) ABS stabliink etc.. anything on 12V+ system was lost..

The Friction brakes locked up as well when the power was lost.. I skidded to a stop from 45mph luckily it was on a off ramp so nothing happened and double lucky there was only 1 other car but he managed to keep away from me

more then likely it damaged what ever cheap pads they put on in the rear

there does not seem to be any excessive heat from the rotors.. so they are not dragging

I have no reason to believe it's the wheel hub i don't hear a dragging wheel hub sound

and the squeak goes away when the brake is applied ..

2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 tahoe yukon hybird Escalade GMC chevy Cadillac
(this is just for google search just in case someone else has a similar issue with the electric power steering)

I did make a report with the NHTSA about the intermittent power loss BUT they will not do anything unless they get bunch more reports or someone gets hurt bad or killed from this issue.. even though they recalled the 2015 and put a fix out for it..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take the wheels off and visually inspect the pads and clips, if there is a bent tab or clip it could just be rubbing and making the noise, wouldn't be the first time it's happened.......if so just bend it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jethro779