Would like opinions on front pads for '12 XL Denali, thinking about Hawk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the latest, copper free, number I believe. The numbers I posted were the ones I've been using since 2017.

We've had copper in our pads for how long? I call baloney on that one, especially since it is a natural material and heavy. Like gold, it's heavier than water and goes right back into the ground. I have seen fish with growths on them at the inlets, presumably from fertilizer runoff. Copper cause this too? I broke a thermometer a few months back and the mercury went right into my skin. Heavy levels of lead do make people crazy but I don't ingest it and wash my hands after making boolits. The people clamoring for all these bans are the same ones who made us switch from paper to plastic and now what? They want us back to paper/cloth bags.
Because they have a vested interest in the business...dont you believe they are looking out for you or the environment - only their wallets!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
People are ok with copper, so am I. When the law was made it was ok’d because the manufacturers didn’t get keel hulled for all the other stuff in the compounds.

After a few years working at a petrol refinery and having the old timers tell you about the other guys who got the ABC cancer or exposed to XYZ, the faces and families affected of people you once knew change your mindset.

Pro Divers who shuck off decompression schedules are considered tough anymore. They’re just idiots. You can only be the guy that’s right about carcinogenic stuff until the reaper wants to just hang with you for a while.

Those guys were my Pop and uncle 4 years ago. Everyone says it’s BS until it’s them. My old man said he felt cheated because all the other relatives in his lineage passed in their late 90’s.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Meh, save the homeless issues for another thread. I thought it interesting the Gubernator was the one who got the carcinogens (as well as the copper :oops:) out of the brake pads with the 14M+ vehicles out here.

What’s really scary is I’m a coffee & espresso drinker. When you pay at the window for a coffee and you see these Acrylamide warnings …

B5118F29-E45F-4F3E-A794-E8A9A4C7DCE8.jpeg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People are ok with copper, so am I. When the law was made it was ok’d because the manufacturers didn’t get keel hulled for all the other stuff in the compounds.

After a few years working at a petrol refinery and having the old timers tell you about the other guys who got the ABC cancer or exposed to XYZ, the faces and families affected of people you once knew change your mindset.

Pro Divers who shuck off decompression schedules are considered tough anymore. They’re just idiots. You can only be the guy that’s right about carcinogenic stuff until the reaper wants to just hang with you for a while.

Those guys were my Pop and uncle 4 years ago. Everyone says it’s BS until it’s them. My old man said he felt cheated because all the other relatives in his lineage passed in their late 90’s.
There's a lot of baloney out there, outright lies that have won cases in court and then are accepted as the gospel truth. I used to play in attics with asbestos, handle lead, leaded paint and burn leaded gas and a host of other things that I should be dead for. Decompression was using the toilet at the truck stop before our next 10 hour run! Maybe that's why my health is a wreck now? Well, no doctor or governor has told me that. It's just life in the present before eternity and I already got that settled so the rest is moot.

I like the mandated safety labels that say that X is only dangerous in California.

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ACDelco also offers front pads for those who do a lot of towing: 17D1367SDH. Of course they work best when paired up with their special rotors and calipers; 18A1705SD and 18FR2659KSD respectively.
I'm actually contemplating going with the rotors, they appear to be the same diameter so would the calipers be required?

This is the part# I came up with for mine, for the rotor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442