Onebad1983's 2005 Yukon 2WD Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch that Ma'am comment is painful!:greenchainsaw:

But I have to agree. As someone who owns only Hispanic gearboxes I think of all the auto people as lesser beings. Even though autos are faster, more consistent, more convenient and once built correctly more reliable. It's just not as fun to me.

Automatics have their places. But the 4L60E coupled with GM's sloppy tuning will make you argue that!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thing to learn on is a sloppy old honda or a cheap mini truck. Although I did teach my 15 year old sister to drive stick in the race truck. ‍♂️ That was before the choppy 6.0 and race clutch.
My first car was a 99 Toyota Camry with a V6 and a 5 speed manual that my mom bought for me. That’s how I learned to drive a manual. And then a few years back when my transmission was down in the Nali and I was battling my warranty company, one of my clients loaned me his “summer toy” a 93 jeep with a manual trans that’s lifted on 33s. I got GOOD at driving a manual trans that winter in the snow in his Jeep that only had a bikini top on it.... lol. That was an adventure for sure... :D

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Best thing to learn on is a sloppy old honda or a cheap mini truck. Although I did teach my 15 year old sister to drive stick in the race truck. ‍♂️ That was before the choppy 6.0 and race clutch.
My first car after my divorce was a 92 Civic Bubbleback. His name was Manny because was EVERYTHING was manual. I got to where I used the clutch to start out and hit reverse. Everything else was synchros, even downshifting. I loved that thing. 50 mpg

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Ouch that Ma'am comment is painful!:greenchainsaw:

But I have to agree. As someone who owns only Hispanic gearboxes I think of all the auto people as lesser beings. Even though autos are faster, more consistent, more convenient and once built correctly more reliable. It's just not as fun to me.
But you just can't beat the feeling of rowing your own gears! My dad wants to manual swap his car, but it's an AWD and dodge never made something that was AWD and manual

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
22" TBSS reps are always a win and pretty much all newer gen wheels are worn better by the older gens! Them stock GMC wheels are one of my favs and can be had for a few hundred bucks. I was gonna say you could be a badass and rock some de-clads. But, not able to drive a stick precludes you from badass status, ma'am.
I'm trying to learn! It doesn't help that the only manual my entire family owns is a '90s Ferd crowd killer snake edition. My family owns 4 cars with the NAG-1 (Mid-2000s Daimler-Chrysler) trans