Onebad1983's 2005 Yukon 2WD Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
As many of you know, I recently wrecked my old 2002 Tahoe 4WD on the second day of 2020....IMG_2375.jpg
Well exactly a week after that happened, I got surprised with this:
IMG_2403.jpg IMG_2504.jpg IMG_2505.jpg
Yes, I've already taken that hideous seat cover off. The drivers seat is destroyed but that's not a big deal. It's a 2005 Yukon SLT 2WD. Fully optioned other than the Autoride. Heated leather, power seats, sunroof, DVD player, memory seats, G80, Heavy duty towing package with 3.73 gears, 238k miles, and a legitimate Flowmaster exhaust on it. IMG_2503.jpg

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
I will be changing those exhaust tips since I'm not a big fan of chrome and those have a big hole in both of them. I'm assuming they are not stainless steel since they're rusted. I've already changed my taillights over from my tahoe since they're a direct fit. My fog lights from my Tahoe didn't fit, I thought they would. I just replaced the ABS control module last night because the ABS light was on

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Got over $300 worth of eBay lighting coming for this thing. Should start coming in Friday

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks clean :waytogo:

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention this thing is supposedly one owner. And I'm still driving my mom's 300 because my parents want to make sure it's a good vehicle for me because after I get out of high school I'm going to be driving over 2 hours to go to college

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Finally got pictures of my lights and stuff. Same taillights that were on my Tahoe since they were not damaged in the wreck so I didn't take any pictures of them. I'll get a picture of my new 3rd brake light soon.
High beams:
IMG_2681.jpg
Low beams:
IMG_2682.jpg (I think this is right, I might have them swapped)
Park lights with fog lights on:
IMG_2685.jpg
I'll be swapping the fog lights to LEDs soon

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking headlights! I have a similar LED tube setup in my Denali heads. Those LED tubes are way brighter than I thought they would be haha. Gives it a really cool more modern look! Good work so far on the new Yukon! Looks good and it’s the same color as mine! Haha gotta clean up the sunroof shade cover! Lol

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Great looking headlights! I have a similar LED tube setup in my Denali heads. Those LED tubes are way brighter than I thought they would be haha. Gives it a really cool more modern look! Good work so far on the new Yukon! Looks good and it’s the same color as mine! Haha gotta clean up the sunroof shade cover! Lol
Trust me, she's a little rough around the edges for 238k miles. I can hardly adjust the front seats, adjustable pedals, and the mirrors. Any input on how to take care of this would be greatly appreciated. Also Chase this one is gonna need your special treatment inside and out. Old girl is NASTY :puke:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me, she's a little rough around the edges for 238k miles. I can hardly adjust the front seats, adjustable pedals, and the mirrors. Any input on how to take care of this would be greatly appreciated. Also Chase this one is gonna need your special treatment inside and out. Old girl is NASTY :puke:
Get yourself some Chemical guys citrus fabric clean! It works wonders on stains and odors! And as long as you follow up with (of course CG leather conditioner!) you can use the fabric clean properly diluted, to scrub and clean up the leather. Works really well to scrub leather! On the sunshade you might want to find a replacement. From the experience I have of cleaning headliners, it’s incredibly easy for the glue that attaches the cloth to disintegrate and release the cloth from the headliner. And from that picture it looks like the adhesive is already given up for most of the cloth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts