Onebad1983's 2005 Yukon 2WD Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Not trucks with manuals but I just want everyone's opinions on these...
https://bham.craigslist.org/ctd/d/dolomite-2006-gmc-yukon-xl-denali-4dr/7101976739.html
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/dallas-2005-chevrolet-suburban-z71-4x4/7099904239.html
And then there's this which is kind of interesting...
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/roswell-2012-chevrolet-cruise-rs-sport/7093142201.html
You know what, screw it I'm making a thread for finds on CL in the lounge if anyone wants to put up links to cool or weird or crazy stuff you've found on craigslist or FB marketplace during this quarantine

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to learn! It doesn't help that the only manual my entire family owns is a '90s Ferd crowd killer snake edition. My family owns 4 cars with the NAG-1 (Mid-2000s Daimler-Chrysler) trans

Nah, you're alright. Just had to mess with ya.

A car or truck with a bigger motor is easier to learn with since it won't stall as easily. Smaller cars with manuals tend to stall more easily under a learner's foot.

So... Learn how to drive a stick with that Cobra- it's for the best. lol

When I teach people how to drive a manual, I first teach how it operates and what all is happening with the clutch and throttle pedal work. Otherwise, they tend to focus on trying to relate the clutch versus throttle pedal positions as if there's a magic ratio rather than what they should be focusing on such as engine RPM, friction point, throttle control, etc.

You don't move the pedals in relation to each other. You move the pedals in response to all of the other events and what you want out of it.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dammit guys now you got me searching for cheap manual cars on craigslist. I blame @iamdub also how cool would it be to learn stick in a vehicle that never came with it from the factory? For example @Dantheman1540 and his 'Hoe

I'd LOVE to have a 6-speed in my Tahoe, but, I may have to settle for an NV3500. A NNBS LTZ with all the luxuries, but "un-luxurious" slammed suspension and manual trans...

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to have a 6-speed in my Tahoe, but, I may have to settle for an NV3500. A NNBS LTZ with all the luxuries, but "un-luxurious" slammed suspension and manual trans...
Dooooo ittttt

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Finally got the video of the exhaust after the headers uploaded to youtube. Love how this thing sounds now. It sounds like it's got a burble tune on it when you manually shift it and let the revs come down. Love how it sounds now.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Finally got the video of the exhaust after the headers uploaded to youtube. Love how this thing sounds now. It sounds like it's got a burble tune on it when you manually shift it and let the revs come down. Love how it sounds now.
Sounds much better :waytogo:. Gotta get a vid with you on it now. I like the tails too.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I want to see a NNBS with a stick so bad! If I ever come across a cheap NNBS truck or Tahoe I might pick it up and start a NV4500 swap lol. Would likely be a 2500 with a 6.0 or 1500 with a 6.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep