One thing led to another and well………..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04whitetahoe

TYF PLUS!(tm)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was out in the garage tonight making patterns for mounting spots for my audio amplifiers and got to a point where I was done.

I looked up and saw a fishing reel with some heavy duty line on it. Since I’ve been reading up on how to de-badge, de-mold and knew one method was to use fishing line to cut through the stick tape.

I was done in about 30/40 minutes - WEAR GLOVES.

IMGP0865.jpg

This is just the stick tape:

IMGP0867.jpg

IMGP0870.jpg

Lucky yesterday I ordered my 3M Stripe Off Wheel

wheel.jpg

Hopefully, it will show up before this weekend and I can complete the job.

This was WAY easier than I expected.

Hope the eraser wheel works that way too!! :whip:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first half of your post makes it sound like you had no intention of demoulding..... but like it was a happenstance.

The latter half clearly suggests premeditation since you state that you ordered a 3M wheel before hand.

:)

LOL

Looks good

OP
OP
04whitetahoe

04whitetahoe

TYF PLUS!(tm)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first half of your post makes it sound like you had no intention of demoulding..... but like it was a happenstance.

The latter half clearly suggests premeditation since you state that you ordered a 3M wheel before hand.

:)

LOL

Looks good

Hey Lee, you're right on both counts! :peace: Thanks!

That 3M wheel works wonders!!

Hey tojo152 - Cool - it's nice when a shortcut actually works as a shortcut. :hmm: Thanks!

OP
OP
04whitetahoe

04whitetahoe

TYF PLUS!(tm)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess what showed up in the mail?

My eraser wheel came in the mail today, so I just couldn't help myself. Out in the garage for about 1.5 hours and all of the stick tape is off. Now I can just buff out a few spots this weekend and DONE!

IMGP0872.jpg

IMGP0873.jpg

:party36:

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I toll you.......Easy peasy! Looks good.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
That looks so much nicer! GM really put ugly moldings on these NBS trucks IMOP. It completely changes the look for the better. Now you need to get color matched door and liftgate handles!

OP
OP
04whitetahoe

04whitetahoe

TYF PLUS!(tm)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Color match handles?

I toll you.......Easy peasy! Looks good.

You were definitely right Todd - Thanks!

Now colormatch it all

Get 22s

Drop it

:cool:

Hey Lee - I have the wheels and tires on my mind, will do drop, had not thought about color match, but.......

That looks so much nicer! GM really put ugly moldings on these NBS trucks IMOP. It completely changes the look for the better. Now you need to get color matched door and liftgate handles!

Hey Nathan, another color match comment, looks like I have something else new to learn about! Thanks for the comment. Joe

:party52:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz