Oil catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a particular brand? Appreciate the input.

In general, the cheap ones do the exact same as the big name brands costing 10x as much. For the most part, what you get from the expensive ones is sturdier construction, a mounting bracket and hoses made specifically for the vehicle and, in some models, a sight glass for the reservoir. The one @George B linked to should function just fine. Just add a stainless steel Scotch-Brite pad. It'll go above that baffle (round plate with holes) and will improve the coalescing action. Definitely spend the extra $1 and get the one with the drain valve. A simple bracket can be made with a piece of 1" flat stock to bolt it under one of the alternator bolts, which will put it at a really convenient spot for draining, but not be in the way of any other normal maintenance areas.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although costly, the UPR setup is awesome because all hose connections utilize oem GM quick disconnects. Customer Service was top notch and I didn’t mind paying the premium price tag on a $60k+ vehicle. YMMV

Attachments

• C6E7866F-85DC-477C-AD95-EDF608CF9EFB.jpeg
    C6E7866F-85DC-477C-AD95-EDF608CF9EFB.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 47

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @iamdub stated above, mounting it next to the alternator makes for easy emptying and out of the way for normal maintenance work.

Oil Catch Can Installed2.jpg

OP
OP
Danyi2170

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although costly, the UPR setup is awesome because all hose connections utilize oem GM quick disconnects. Customer Service was top notch and I didn’t mind paying the premium price tag on a $60k+ vehicle. YMMV
I was looking at the UPR catch can. Do you know which model would work for my suburban? I couldn’t find one specifically for my vehicle just Silverado’s. Emailed them and called them and no response yet.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UPR with its hoses and fittings is an easy 15 min install.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the UPR catch can. Do you know which model would work for my suburban? I couldn’t find one specifically for my vehicle just Silverado’s. Emailed them and called them and no response yet.
You have the same engine as the silverado.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SUV version is different.
If you are talking about catch cans from UPR, there is a 6.2 and a 5.3 version. It’s for trucks and or SUVs. They offer single or dual valve with or without a clean side separator. It’s the same for truck or SUV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01