Oil Catch Can Install, Wrong Line? What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CyberDude4819

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,

New to the forum, and definitely an amateur in the vehicle world but I know enough to be dangerous and get in trouble. Was installing my oil catch can yesterday....when I realized from all of the other posts I might have done it wrong? I know it goes between the PCV and the intake....but...is this not the PCV in photo 1/1.1? If not what is it and why is it connected to the intake on my CAI (previously the factory intake)? Should I indeed be using the line in photo 2? Are they BOTH PCVs?

I tried to find this on the Google machine, but couldn't find that on any of the diagrams of the various 5.3L Vortecs out there, probably didn't know what to search for.

2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4WD 5.3L
Spectre CAI
MBRP Cat Back Exhaust
3.08 to 3.42 gear swap
Diablo Tune 87 Octane installed

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 1_1.jpg
    1_1.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 57
Reaction score
The blue line in the photo of the driver's side is the correct line. It is the "dirty" side, that has the oil mist from the valve cover going into the intake.

The line you have it connected to on the passenger side is the 'clean' side of the PCV, where clean, fresh air is pulled in.

OP
OP
CyberDude4819

CyberDude4819

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The blue line in the photo of the driver's side is the correct line. It is the "dirty" side, that has the oil mist from the valve cover going into the intake.

The line you have it connected to on the passenger side is the 'clean' side of the PCV, where clean, fresh air is pulled in.
doh.gif

Thank you @gooffeyguy - I will get that swapped around.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are the catch cans directional? Do they have a specific input and output, or doesn't it matter?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This ^^^

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26