Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking @ the older earthquake 3/8's or 1/2" impact. This would be my first pneumatic impact wrench, and I'm powering it with a small porter cable compressor. Kind of leaning towards the 3/8's now.

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love this thread

The air pump in my initial post has problems. The cigarette jack gets hot. I cut and spliced big clamps so I could go straight to the battery

To be honest, they do sell this thing, same compressor but alligators instead of the cigarette jack. It's a lot extra. Just buy this one and cut the wires and add the alligators. Save $20

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of my tool collection is Snap-on and Craftsman since I use and abuse my tools on a daily basis, but HF does have a few things that I just can't see spending tons of money on from Snap-On, or tools that I just won't use thst often and wear out. But here's what I do have:

Creeper (item 61916), low profile 300lb capacity - WIN, mostly due to the $19.99 price point and the fact that its a decent creeper for the price.

Welding helmet (63122), auto-darkening - WIN. Works like it should and fairly cheap compared to other brands.

Digital Caliper (47257) - WIN. Can't beat the on sale price for $9.99. And it's accurate.

Step bits (60379) 3-pc set, - LOSE. I lost one of my unibits and needed one right away to finish a job I was working on. I ran over to HF to grab one real quick as a temporary replacement. What a POS. Tip broke on one of them and all 3 bits had a hard time starting on their own. I had to drill a pilot hole so the unibit could start drilling away.

6-pc screwdriver set (62570), WIN, because it was free with any purchase.

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
More Harbor Freight goodness.

Haul-Master 30 In. x 18 In. 1000 lb. Capacity Polypropylene Dolly item#61167 - WIN

I needed a cheap dolly to store a 4L80E transmission on and $18.99 sounded about right. I placed a few 2x4 boards under an old drip pan and presto. It’s been on there for a few months now and hasn’t developed any flat spots on the wheels. I’m not sure that I would want to put 1000 lbs. on there but it works well for this.

Last edited:

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daytona floor jack -- the yellow 3 ton one = WIN.

Nice floor jack I bought when my Craftsman started to act up. Probably the best floor jack I have ever owned.

Polyurethane jack stand pads = WIN.

They only peel half the undercoating off the frame when using jack stands instead of all of it!

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daytona floor jack -- the yellow 3 ton one = WIN.

This week the Daytona 3-Ton HF Snap-on clone is on sale for $179 with the linked coupon.

I might finally pull the trigger an buy one. I went with the intent of buying one a few months ago with a 25% off coupon, but the cashier pointed out in the fine print that jacks (and basically any big ticket items) were excluded from the coupon.

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HF electric impact started smoking and actually started on fire in my hands while I was taking the hub nut off my TBSS a few years ago, impact gun still works just as good as the day I took it out of the box and I never even inspected what damage was done to the gun.

HF 2.5 ton aluminum floor jack still going strong after years of use.

Pittsburgh jackstands held up my Silverado for 2 days without a wimper.

Had a Chicago Electric dual action polisher for about 3 weeks while waiting for my new FLEX buffer to show up. Chicago Electric buffer got extremely hot to the point of not being able to hold it while doing paint correction on a car then it would randomly stop working until I unplugged it for a few minutes. At week 3 I just finished a hood and fender on a car, set the buffer on the floor and it started smoking while off, spit out a few sparks and died.

Just about any chrome socket I've bought from them has cracked or broken within a day, I've had their impact sockets shatter and their socket wrenches are hit or miss. They either work great for years or you can't switch the selector after 2 uses.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heavy Duty Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit 31 Pc item #68696/#60713

I've used it for several jobs on both my truck and my dads truck for trimming plastic, among other things.
So far, it hasn't given me any trouble. But for the price, if it fails, I could just get another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts