Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Item#61788 / Item#69284 (12 Portable compressor - cigarette lighter power) - WIN

this is the highest power compressor offered with a standard 12v cigarette lighter plug. Fills up tires quickly, pretty quiet. You do need to have the car turned on, and it does get a little hot.

Much better than any cheap ones I've used - and it looks exactly the same as some other brand names that are higher priced

2 part numbers because they are both valid. They were sitting next to eachother at my local store - no difference at all. There is another one slightly higher priced that has large alligator clips instead of the cigarette lighter for power
Just got the HF flyer with 20% off coupon in the mail. Off to get me the 59.99 12v compressor tomorrow!

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the ads - it's been $29.99 lately without a coupon. As always, look at the ads when you walk in

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me personally would never buy one but a friend has had the same $2-300 dollar badlands winch he bought from there for 4 years and has never let him down. he wheels regulary so Its surprising.

I bought a set of lock wrenches from there that Ive never had to replace

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Awesome thread....

I used these spring compressors i borrowed from a co-worker when i did my XJ springs, but had a buddy that almost got hurt when they busted...so id say be careful with them!

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Hobart Flux welder decided to crap the bed last weekend. was in the middle of a project and ended up picking up this . http://www.harborfreight.com/weldin...-amp-ac-120-volt-flux-cored-welder-61849.html . Works well. Plenty of *********** for medium projects. Don't know if Id trust it to do suspension or frame work . but odds and ends it works great! Only gripe was good thing I already had a self dimming helmet because the one that comes with it is a joke IMO but what do you expect for 109 bucks

Reaction score
This is a cool thread.

I have a couple of their long handle breaker bars that I've used for years and years with no problems, very handy when you need some extra leverage.

The #62370 Reciprocating Saw is actually a pretty decent deal. I got it on sale for 19.99 but they usually have them for 29.99. I've cut all sorts of stuff and really put it through its paces with no issue. Sure I have more expensive saws for the real work, but his does the job for the random job around the house.

I buy all my work gloves there too, way cheaper than name brand and are pretty tough. (I'm talking mechanics gloves, haven't used any of the other ones)

MotownYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I primarily work on bikes, so...

Motorcycle Lift Table = Super Win... I have 2 in my shop
Believe it or not, their HVLP paint guns = WIN... People pay $400-500 SATA guns (I have a couple myself) but the REAL magic of a paint gun is WHO'S pulling the trigger...

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I hear good things about their new version of the earthquake xl impact.

I recently purchased their 8 inch grinder with work light and a stand. Bought a wire wheel. Had to put spacers in the side cover because it was too close to the wires on the wheel and wouldn't spin unless I help give it a spin like the big money wheel on prices is right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17