Odd issue with aftermarket stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PepperFreaknLewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Relevant Info: 2008 Tahoe SSV, with mid 2007 build date on vin tag.

Replaced non-working factory head unit with a Dual mech-less head unit from Wallyworld. Upon replacing the head unit, I only had sound from the tweeters. I had not heard any sound from any speaker in vehicle up until that point. Took drivers door panel off, expecting to find an empty hole or a disconnected speaker. Found factory 4 ohm speakers in front doors. Figured they may be faulty, so I swapped in a set I had from a wrecked 2007. No sound from those as well. Bypassed the plug on back of speaker, no change. Found a factory Bose speaker rated at 1.9 ohm, and tried it....DING DING DING, we have a winner the Bose speaker makes noise. My question: Is this a common occurence with PPV/SSV Tahoes, and if so, where can I find 1.9 ohm speakers?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

If the original unit was Bose, they use lower impedance speakers, right along the line of what you found. There are lower ohm speakers out there, but they are few and far between.

I suggest that you view Crutchfield's web site to see if the sell the lower ohm speakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B