Not so fun to be me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of your dad!

I just joined the "mom fell-broke her hip-surgery-and off to rehab" club this weekend myself.
I am at the age, where more and more friends are going through the exact same situations and all the stresses added to everyday life.

You are certainly not alone.

We got your back!!
Whether something on the Tahoe or anything else!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just joined the "mom fell-broke her hip-surgery-and off to rehab" club this weekend myself.
I am at the age, where more and more friends are going through the exact same situations and all the stresses added to everyday life.

We got your back!!
Sorry to hear about you mom. @S33k3r sorry to hear about both your parents. I lost both mine a few years ago and I sure miss them.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score

We got your back!!
In the same boat here. My Mom (92) fell and broke her hip 2 years ago. Fast forward to 6 months ago, she fell again and fractured 2 of her back's vertebrae and spent nearly 3 months in in-patient rehab.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry! Not looking to turn the thread into Debbie Downer material...

There is a lot of competition for our time; and life is one thing that can throw some real curveballs!

I just think it is good for all of us to be reminded that we have more in common than just our interest in helping each other with our vehicles.
Most importantly... No matter what happens, nobody is totally on their own.

I depend on my Tahoe as my daily driver. I know the pressures and stress of having no option other than DIY diagnosis/repairs and barely having money (or not) just to cover required parts.
It is a lot!! Which is why a win over mechanical or electrical gremlins gives so much satisfaction. I have seen forum members talk people out of numerous situations and help keep things focused on how to find out what the problems are.

I can honestly say, EVERYONE on this forum ROCKS!
Not only highly experienced in the technical assistance department, but a real class act too!

Seriously. Just a great bunch of people here. You keep things interesting and help get jobs done.

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just thought I'd post a semi-final update. There's. crank position sensor that dies, and a second sensor nearby whose name I cannot remember to save my life. They were both bad, and the connector to the crank position sensor was bad. The 4WD encoder motor was the culprit, but my mechanic couldn't find anything but Dorman replacements. He ordered a Dorman -- it lasted a couple of minutes before failing. He ordered a replacement, in hopes the first was just defective... It lasted 30 seconds :-( And I have been unable to source OEM New. Yay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk