NORCALSS 3/5-6 drop kit? JUST DO IT.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkMD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed the kit yesterday, took 9 hours from start to finish (2 of us working on it, also did brakes on all corners and painted all calipers and brackets). Looks killer, rides very good. Not nearly as stiff as I thought it was going to be. Was not too hard to install at the shop, just a lot of work. Anyways, here are some pics.

Before (36.75" and 37.5" from ground to fender lip)
uQeSS8Jl.jpg

After (32.5" and 33" from ground to fender lip)
3FM33cBl.jpg

Alignment specs (caster does not cause issues with tire wear)
CDGGohvl.jpg

Front (Belltech shocks, DJM lower arms, stock keys, severe duty upper BJ's)
ARbpVgZl.jpg

Rear (Belltech shocks, DJM rear kit, 6" springs WITH 1" spacer, free travel mod is 100% necessary for this all to work, Spohn track bar. Relocating sway bar properly is CRITICAL, that thing has a sweet spot to avoid contact with other components)
ayqGm1Al.jpg

Thanks to Tony for answer all my questions and offering a slick package to put the truck where i wanted it!

Bottom line, if you are thinking about it. DO IT. If you already installed this kit, and are having issues, something was not done right. I've never modified suspension before. Just took my time, read the directions with some supplemental info from Tony, and it all went together smoothly.

Any questions are welcome.

HawkMD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can I ask what were the part numbers for the front and rear bell shocks? I know have to use a certain one for the lower DJM control arms.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bump to the top for a great kit. If you go to instagram norcal_ss have been doing a lot of em lately.

This by far is the best 2-3/5-6 out and I can set up helper bags/full rear control arm kit/tubular uppers/beefy swaybars to really have a great cornering suv

donbalo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed the kit yesterday, took 9 hours from start to finish (2 of us working on it, also did brakes on all corners and painted all calipers and brackets). Looks killer, rides very good. Not nearly as stiff as I thought it was going to be. Was not too hard to install at the shop, just a lot of work. Anyways, here are some pics.

Before (36.75" and 37.5" from ground to fender lip)
uQeSS8Jl.jpg

After (32.5" and 33" from ground to fender lip)
3FM33cBl.jpg

Alignment specs (caster does not cause issues with tire wear)
CDGGohvl.jpg

Front (Belltech shocks, DJM lower arms, stock keys, severe duty upper BJ's)
ARbpVgZl.jpg

Rear (Belltech shocks, DJM rear kit, 6" springs WITH 1" spacer, free travel mod is 100% necessary for this all to work, Spohn track bar. Relocating sway bar properly is CRITICAL, that thing has a sweet spot to avoid contact with other components)
ayqGm1Al.jpg

Thanks to Tony for answer all my questions and offering a slick package to put the truck where i wanted it!

Bottom line, if you are thinking about it. DO IT. If you already installed this kit, and are having issues, something was not done right. I've never modified suspension before. Just took my time, read the directions with some supplemental info from Tony, and it all went together smoothly.

Any questions are welcome.
would this lowered set up fit on a rim and tire combo 285/35/24 . i currently have a 2/3 drop on 305/35/24 but wanna go lower

IMG_20200404_123817.jpg IMG_20200404_121422.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk