Noob with a 08 yukon in MN, looking for tighter handling but stock height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeremyD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I bought a 08 Yukon SLT recently, and while its a great rig, it is kind of sloppy handling wise.
Oddly the truck has damn near every option minus the auto ride and the 6.0+ (I have a 5.3 with the 17" wheels)
I intend to upgrade to a large rim lo/pro tire combo for a summer set up and keep the 17's for winter wheels. I know the smaller sidewall will allow for tighter handling, but what else can I do without affecting ride height? Sways? Are there stock height springs that have higher spring rates?

Looking to add piece at a time so obviously best bang for the buck will be 1st. I have read a lot about rear sways being the single best upgrade, is one particular brand better than another?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
To get better handling at stock height I recommend buying Bilstein HD shocks for all four corners. Also, get an Eibach rear sway bar and a Spohn Panhard bar.
After all that, it will hug the road.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
To get better handling at stock height I recommend buying Bilstein HD shocks for all four corners. Also, get an Eibach rear sway bar and a Spohn Panhard bar.
After all that, it will hug the road.

Is the Eiback rear sway bigger than the DJM or do you just say Eibach because DJM is no bueno?

NVM I googled it the eibach rear sway is .7 thicker than the DJM

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I sell both ive had problems with the eibach bends hitting axles variances between model runs.

Also on the escalade rear end due to being bigger it hit on mine.

Rear bar is 32mm tubular 1.28 for eibach
djm rear bar is solid 1.25

Angle of the djm swaybar sits up more making it more parallel to the ground vs eibach.

Look at any 00-06 tahoe lowered 3-4 inches in rear with stock swaybar horrible angle. The djm bars even though doesnt make it parallel (only with djm hardware kit) still has a upward angle vs the eibach which is as stock.

Last edited:

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I sell both ive had problems with the eibach bends hitting axles variances between model runs.

Also on the escalade rear end due to being bigger it hit on mine.

Rear bar is 32mm tubular 1.28 for eibach
djm rear bar is solid 1.25

Angle of the djm swaybar sits up more making it more parallel to the ground vs eibach.

Look at any 00-06 tahoe lowered 3-4 inches in rear with stock swaybar horrible angle. The djm bars even though doesnt make it parallel (only with djm hardware kit) still has a upward angle vs the eibach which is as stock.

The measurement you listed on your site for the DJM rear bar is 1 & 3/16 which is 1.18....just sayin

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The measurement you listed on your site for the DJM rear bar is 1 & 3/16 which is 1.18....just sayin

did my mm conversion wrong. Forgot had it listed on my site.

Also another thing to look at. Do the rear spohn kit to replace all the rear bars on the back on the truck and cornering and feeeback is much better. Especially since lots of the truck ive been doing have rotted out stock rubber bushings :(

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove