Your opinion please :) What is the largest and most aggressive rim/tire/offset combination with stock OEM suspension? 2005 Denali XL 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seanstock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would love to hear everyone's opinion and technical knowledge on what I can get away with on a 2005 Yukon Denali XL 1500. Right now I am running the base 17" rims and all-season tires. The paint is mint, white and blackout tint and black rims and stock air ride suspension. I guess it is a 2 part question. I know I could spend $2k+ on new rims and tires but don't have that kind of disposable coin at the moment. I need new tires. Can someone suggest an aggressive-looking tire that will fit on the stock 17" rims.. I am open to an offset or putting a spacer in and any other idea you may have to accomplish this. What is the largest tire which will fit on these rims? Should I be searching Facebook or Craigslist for 20" rims because it would just look that much better? I know this is subjective.. I just want some opinions seeing that I need tires.. if the right tire/spacer combo would not break the bank I am open to ideas.. I have been searching for 20's on FB and others and usually find them at $150ea.... forgive this vague post.. I am just looking for examples to compare expenditures and looks. and also how well different sizes and styles will look on my rig. I just can't justify spending $2k on my baby which has been taken care of all these years and has 140k on it. Just hoping for some pictures and opinions on what I can do that is best for the buck. Thank You

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome from NY. It’s customary around here to get some pics of your truck with an introduction. Let’s see some pics of your ride!

Have you checked out Custom Offsets? My son is doing pretty cool things with his 2016 Silverado with the help of these folks…

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot help you with tire recommendations for the aggressive look, as I go for street functionality and longevity over looks for my tire preferences.

I can tell you that if you go to a 20" rim with a stock offset, you can put 305/50x20 tires on the truck with no suspension mods or rubbing.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use spacers, get a good quality set like BORA. At a very minimum make sure they are hub centric. Cheap spacers do break and send your wheel off into oncoming traffic.

Your question has different answers - "it depends". Offset has a big effect on maximum tire size. The wider you go, the smaller your tire will have to be. I personally go for stock offset as you can fit a 285/70r17 tire simply by cranking the torsion bars. If you crank the torsion bars you will need to get a front end alignment for your tires to wear level. You can fit that tire size with a 1.25" spacer in my experience. Wider will generally rub, but that does vary a little from vehicle to vehicle.

I like Falken AT3W for an all terrain. I like the Falken MT as well as the Firestone MT for mud tires. Generally unimpressed with the BFG KO series, now up to the KO3, but I have heard they do well out in Utah with the sand and rocks. Those are my recommendations based on my personal experiences.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Should be able to fit 33/12.50s no problem with 35s you may rub on the control arms and plastics and will need trimming without a leveling kit at most. As far as offset wheels I wouldn’t go over a X12 wide wheel with a 305/33 tops and even with trimming may still rub at full lock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660